Any Idea What League This Brawl Is From?

Status
Not open for further replies.

High flyin' Habs*

Holly crap! :eek: Is this an old brawl or did this happen not so long ago?

Predshockey17

Jun 16, 2003
Michigan
Visit site
Let's see if I get this correct. It is from the LNAH. The Quebec league. It was the confrence finals for both teams. The one team got up and the other team just sent all there goons out. The other team didnt really have any goons. So no one really wanted to fight. I guess the team that didn't want to fight won the championship. That is most of the story.

High flyin' Habs*

Predshockey17 said:
Let's see if I get this correct. It is from the LNAH. The Quebec league. It was the confrence finals for both teams. The one team got up and the other team just sent all there goons out. The other team didnt really have any goons. So no one really wanted to fight. I guess the team that didn't want to fight won the championship. That is most of the story.
When was this?

KariyaIsGod*

The guys in the red could have would have won anyway, but they resorted to multiple cheap shots during that brawl. What a bunch of chumps...

High flyin' Habs*

DrMoses said:
The guys in the red could have would have won anyway, but they resorted to multiple cheap shots during that brawl. What a bunch of chumps...
So would they or could they? :dunno:

Googa

Jun 3, 2004
Saguenay
LNAH or NAHL in english, North American Hockey League, the '' new'' version of the ''semi-pro''. Donald Brashear played in this league during the lock-out. Each teams have between 6-7 fighters by game.

This kind of brawl is very rare, because the Sorel Mission have put 5 goons on the ice and the Thedford Prolab have send 5 good players. But in this league, the goons have a non-written rule that said that the goons don't touch to the offensive players. But this time it was a very bad day for the NAHL.

Mackee

Oct 9, 2003
Montreal
Dakota Sioux said:
Did Link Gaetz once play in this league?

I'm pretty sure he still does. He might not have this season but he did last year.

As for the league, it's pretty ridiculous and in my eyes gives the game a bad rap. If you're a fan of Slap Shot, then you'll have a blast. However if you want to watch good hockey, you won't find it here. Every now and then, there might be a game with fewer than five fights but I don't hold my breath.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
That was pretty pathetic. I have no problem with fights in hockey, but that was totally uncalled for. That made the Bertuzzi incident, look like Gretzky's number retirement. One of those guys even pulled a Bertuzzi on some guy, except he was skating like full speed at him. I'm guessing the coaches had their hands full keeping the other guys on the bench.

stu the grim reaper

Jul 3, 2002
omg!!!

i would seriously be waiting in the parking lot w/a baseball bat if that happened to me

but obviously im not a pro hockey player in a goon laden minor league...

Da Canucks

Aug 18, 2005
Good grief

This is absolutely ridiculous. That kind of behavior has no place in hockey. I agree that the coach of the red team should be banned from coaching for life. Send a message like that and you will do away with brawls.

People wonder why hockey isn't more popular. Crap like that ruins the game. This happened in Quebec, so I'd guess no one got suspended for more than a game or two. Sickening. :madfire:

habsprospects

Nov 24, 2003
Sherbrooke, QC
habsprospects.com
***, I'm from Sherbrooke, Quebec, and I never tought that there was big crap like that in the LNAH, I never goes to a game and I think I will never go

holy ****, they even hit the ref, and the commentators even have laughs of this, that's ****ing crazy

Riverdome

Aug 2, 2005
After reading the comments in this thread I expected this to be one of the worst fights the game has ever seen. It really wasn't all that bad. Yes it went on too long, yes some guys appeared to get really hurt. . . . but it really isn't all that much worse than the early days of the ECHL.

I remember one Toledo v. Wheeling game where the Zamboni driver ended up in the hospital. Fight carried over into that area off the ice, he got envolved, he got more than he could handle. 1996ish

Erie v. Toledo in the ECHL semi-finals. Benches cleared, coach kicks a play in the mouth from the top of the dasher boards. 1993ish

+73*

this was THE worst, most violent footage i have ever seen...

the first person who should be fired is the linesman who pretty much coasts around WATCHING it unfold (the lead ref did his best to subdue it, but it was just chaos).

this game crossed every line possible... the absolute worst part of it was the guy who got sucker punched and KO'd, and then the fans CHEERED... i know it's a goon league and all, but still...
when a guy refuses to fight, you don't rabbit punch him 60 times; likewise, when a guy is face down on the ice, you do not pummell him repeatedly; the one guy is getting choked on his own sweater and getting his head pounded; looked like there was a fight in the crowd, too.
i was ravenously hungry but legit lost my appetite watching this...
i could go on for an hour.

PRB

Apr 29, 2005
Toronto, Canada
www.prbsports.com
Blatant thuggary. There is fighting and there is even line brawls but then there is this... This is no better or worse than a brawl in the street after the bars close... Jail time is all these guys need. It's not like it was a Bertuzzi spare of the moment thing, this was going on for about 5 solid minutes.

On thing I think is amazing is that the other team stayed on the bench. Yes they are tougher but your pals are getting a whipping on the ice, even if your going to take one, get in there and help.

firstroundbust

lacks explosiveness
Mar 3, 2004
Parts Unknown
Riverdome said:
After reading the comments in this thread I expected this to be one of the worst fights the game has ever seen. It really wasn't all that bad. Yes it went on too long, yes some guys appeared to get really hurt. . . . but it really isn't all that much worse than the early days of the ECHL.

I remember one Toledo v. Wheeling game where the Zamboni driver ended up in the hospital. Fight carried over into that area off the ice, he got envolved, he got more than he could handle. 1996ish

Erie v. Toledo in the ECHL semi-finals. Benches cleared, coach kicks a play in the mouth from the top of the dasher boards. 1993ish

going to echl games makes me feel like I'm an extra in the movie slapshot

alanschu

Aug 12, 2005
Edmonton, Alberta
I actually got the biggest chuckle out of the goalies.

I was trying to imagine what they were saying.

"Damn!"

"No kidding, this is crazy."

"Sooo, how are the wife and kids?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad