Any Hockey Card Collectors Here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruins4Ever

Sep 12, 2004
Caledonia, Ontario
I'm not sure if this is the right spot for this thread, so if it gets moved or blocked, can you tell me the proper place to put this thread, please? So, are there any hockey card collectors on this board besides me, the hobby has certainly been on the downslide for a while now, but I still purchase hockey cards off od E-Bay. I work a lot during the school year (I'm only 16) but I manage to work hard enough to afford some of the nicer jersey/autograph cards out there. I'm probably in a very large minority, but I'm hoping there's other collectors out there besides me. :banana:

topshelf331

May 8, 2003
Stl
Visit site
I quit collecting when they started to have more than the basic sets. All of these subsets are rediculous. Im fromt he days of 2 and 3 sets you could realistically complete. I may pick up a pack here or there. Or buy a few of the most recent draftees by the blues , but that is about it.

Zetterberg4Captain*

Hockey Card Collecting is my favorite hobby. Its exciting when you first buy a pack and open it to see what you got.

NYIschremp44

Oct 25, 2003
NYC
hockey card collecting is what got me into following the prospects the way i do now...speaking of that...does anyone know what happened to all the draft sets like "classic"

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
JNRhockeyGURU said:
hockey card collecting is what got me into following the prospects the way i do now...speaking of that...does anyone know what happened to all the draft sets like "classic"
Yea, I have some Classic brand cards. Bertuzzi OHL card, and tons of random other NHL'ers.

bobbyboucher24

May 9, 2002
Philadelphia, USA
Visit site
I'm a huge collector. Backed off a little in te last 6 months, but still have a nice collection. Got out of buying packs/boxes, and now target mostly individual cards off eBay. I have really nice Hossa, Havlat, LeClair, Bondra and Heatley collections, to go along with some others.

Bruins4Ever

Sep 12, 2004
Caledonia, Ontario
Wow, I'm not totally alone here, that's great. My best card is a Raycroft jersey/auto card I picked up on E-bay for 12$. It's worth over $75 easily, what a card.

bossy22

Mar 14, 2004
Calgary
I used to collect in the late 70's and early 80's when I was a kid. My Dad got me started. Lost interest when multiple companies started issuing cards. It used to be 1 company (O Pee Chee, I think) and my Dad would buy me a few packs a week. On my birthday or for Xmas, I might even get a full box to sort through.

Hit high school and kinda gave up. I think I was more interested in chasing girls than cards. Anyway still have all the cards, lots of good rookie cards. I have at least 5 Bourque, 10 Gartner, 10 Messier, 5 Kurri, 7 Bossy. Never did manage to get a Gretzky even in a full box.

Gonna give them to my kid.

Pete

Petey21

Dec 19, 2003
Sweden
www.geocities.com
Here in Sweden hockey cards became really popular about 10 years ago and "everyone" were into it, so I was buying lots of packs to see what I could pull and went to the local card stores to trade cards there and get rid of duplicates. Then some years later the hype was over and it wasn't as popular anymore (there are no card stores in my town anymore), but I still have the cards I got back then, and the last couple years I've been trying to start collecting Forsberg cards by buying card lots of his from Ebay. There are too many cards these days to collect them all, but I've got a couple hundred of his cards now I think and all those random cards from ten years ago as well.

Bruins4Ever

Sep 12, 2004
Caledonia, Ontario
I'm still into chasing girls around, don't get me wrong, the card collecting is what I do maybe 1 or 2 times month, I go on to E-Bay, find a whole bunch of desirable cards ending approximately the same time, and I bid. It's just to keep me busy.

User571

Apr 5, 2004
Between the Pipes
Bruins4Ever said:
I'm not sure if this is the right spot for this thread, so if it gets moved or blocked, can you tell me the proper place to put this thread, please? So, are there any hockey card collectors on this board besides me, the hobby has certainly been on the downslide for a while now, but I still purchase hockey cards off od E-Bay. I work a lot during the school year (I'm only 16) but I manage to work hard enough to afford some of the nicer jersey/autograph cards out there. I'm probably in a very large minority, but I'm hoping there's other collectors out there besides me. :banana:
Ive collected since I was 7, and I am now 14 and I collect mostly Fleury stuff now, Im more into goalie stuff, but I get a lot of packs and stuff.

May 1, 2003
Visit site
I used to collet maybe 4-5 years ago, i bought packs alot cause they were fun to open and see what ya get. My first ever pack i remember i bought was Leaf Limited 94/95 and i got a Leaf Limited Gold Jaromir Jagr worth $100 bucks which isnt alot now but was alot then.

I stopped collecting though since it cost alot nowadays and their are just too many sets. I remember when Jersey Cards First came out and the odds were like 1:2200 to get one, now they are like 1:24 packs, which i find real dumb

Bruins4Ever

Sep 12, 2004
Caledonia, Ontario
I only go for jersey cards now. I think it's better they're more common, just simply because I don't want to buy a million packs to get a jersey card. That's all. :)

Blane Youngblood

Jun 17, 2003
Visit site
Bruins4Ever said:
I only go for jersey cards now. I think it's better they're more common, just simply because I don't want to buy a million packs to get a jersey card. That's all. :)

Hey, can anyone tell me what my Joe Sakic rookie card is worth?

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
I stopped collecting when they introduced holo-foils. I miss back in the good days of Topps, Score, Pro-Set and Upper Deck :(

Mooseheads@HF

Jan 17, 2003
East Coast
JNRhockeyGURU said:
hockey card collecting is what got me into following the prospects the way i do now

Same is for me, now the Prospects Stuff is what i do mainly along with photography and the card collecting has become extinct...

Juan

Apr 30, 2002
Visit site
Bruins4Ever said:
Wow, I'm not totally alone here, that's great. My best card is a Raycroft jersey/auto card I picked up on E-bay for 12$. It's worth over $75 easily, what a card.

No, it's worth the most that someone is willing to pay for it. According to EBay, that's $12.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
I've been collecting for about 12 years now, built up a collection of about 25,000 cards, various players, new and old. Not too long ago i collected a card of every player to ever play more thn 500 games...every single player.

anywho, i've been very pissed at the card company's as of late. Every year i get a rookie card of every player that had one that year. This past year, its been harder and harder to obtain them because they short print everything and always release the update sets with huge pricetags(exception this year being topps, i love you).

I just got a thomas pock from the update set from BAP. Also in this update set was Eric Heffler. Remember him? He was a back up for for a game with the oilers 4 years ago, and THIS year they give him a rookie card. Heffler is now retired coaching at a college. BS. Also included in this set is Fredrick Henry, Andrew Allen, and Chad Alban...who also have never played a game. Most not even this freakin' year.

Yet i still keep collecting. Better than spending it on pot...i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad