Any habits or skills you've learned during this ordeal?

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Glass of wine in the morning, cold shower, brush teet, joint at night, warm shower, shleep.

I get to satisfy all my desires, not overdo it, and feel nice nice.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
I’ve taken up running and eating better. A local nature preserve is doing a 5K Challenge each week here in June and I think I’m going to try it.

I'm also learning Spanish.

Reactions: nofehr

JacketsFanWest

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
I'm considering going back to college to study molecular genetics, so I've read introductory organic chemistry and microbiology textbooks. Still really don't like chemistry but at least some of the reading I've done into the coronavirus makes me see the relevance.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
I'm considering going back to college to study molecular genetics, so I've read introductory organic chemistry and microbiology textbooks. Still really don't like chemistry but at least some of the reading I've done into the coronavirus makes me see the relevance.
Even tho coronavirus is a scam that they’re using to put up 5G towers. Study 5G instead my guy.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Started smoking weed again, drinking during the week, depression.

Oh I also learned to write beginners level python.

Doesn't help I went through a 'break-up' half way through, definitely would've utilized my time way more efficiently if I wasn't going through emotional shit.

Last edited:

SoCalFan

Jun 21, 2014
McKinney, TX
I've learned that hot dogs and bobbers are better than any fishing gear I've ever purchased...my nephews have been embarrassing me with their daily hauls.

I've also learned to play Dungeons and Dragons. the kids continue to harass me with the stink eye when I don't know what dice to roll, but hey...I've made it to level 5 without my character dying so that's a plus.

Reactions: larrypacman8167

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
I am surprised, being mostly in quarantine that I have lost weight. I thought with being more sedentary and with much more time to kill I'd have gained weight but now I realize how much fast and restaurant food I was eating in regular life, when there was some concern about ordering food in and the virus living on cardboard I wasn't ordering any food in so that also figured in to weight loss.

Also with all the extra home time I've gotten back into art and design, things I used to do when I was younger but moved on from. Been putting up some designs on t-shirt platforms and having mixed success but it's fun. If I don't go back to work soon I am going to open a Shopify and Etsy shop.

I miss hockey and all sports badly, without them my anxiety level has risen greatly, not talking about anxiety related to the pandemic, just my regular anxieties. Sports are my greatest distraction.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Picked up a midi keyboard, learning basic piano stuff to add on top of music. For fun created this.

Obviously this is bare bones. I plan on expanding and doing the whole song. Faster, heavier ect.

Awesome. What program are you using? What about creating the drums - What did you use for that?

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Started smoking weed again, drinking during the week, depression.

Oh I also learned to write beginners level python.

Doesn't help I went through a 'break-up' half way through, definitely would've utilized my time way more efficiently if I wasn't going through emotional shit.

So sorry. I have anxiety that comes and goes and when it's on it's like I'm plugged into a socket. Thought I was turning a corner, but in the past 2 weeks now it comes to me when I try to sleep. Feels like someone gave me a shot of adrenaline.

I've long believed that health is the most important thing in the world, and when I say that I'm talking about mental health as well. Both equally as important.

Reactions: Kelly

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I am surprised, being mostly in quarantine that I have lost weight. I thought with being more sedentary and with much more time to kill I'd have gained weight but now I realize how much fast and restaurant food I was eating in regular life, when there was some concern about ordering food in and the virus living on cardboard I wasn't ordering any food in so that also figured in to weight loss.

Also with all the extra home time I've gotten back into art and design, things I used to do when I was younger but moved on from. Been putting up some designs on t-shirt platforms and having mixed success but it's fun. If I don't go back to work soon I am going to open a Shopify and Etsy shop.

I miss hockey and all sports badly, without them my anxiety level has risen greatly, not talking about anxiety related to the pandemic, just my regular anxieties. Sports are my greatest distraction.

Amen to the bolded. I think I've learned that I wasn't necessarily passionate about sports, but I have a passion to not feel anxiety and the more I obsessed about sports, the more I was distracted from it.

Sports literally did for me what drinking/drugs does for others.

Now I'm on my phone playing games all the time. Chess, pool, tennis, poker...Whatever. I handed the anxiety baton over to games. Already played so much that I've learned that when I stop playing I actually have more anxiety. It's probably all born from the fact that I've never truly followed what I want to do in life and as a result have been living a lie career-wise for at least 17 years now.

Tons of us are feeling fear in a way we haven't felt in maybe forever. I believe this pandemic has stripped so much away so now we're forced to see what has been an emotional crutch. Without them cushioning us we feel fear.

The good news is that if we follow the fear it can present great opportunity.

Last edited:

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Ive been running like crazy. After the initial Covid depression wore off a week or so into April, i've since just been a running fool.

I never got the jokes about eating like a pig and gaining weight during all this. I don't stress eat. I stress fast. :oops:

Ive also played way less videogames than I thought I would. I wasted much more time playing games before everything got cancelled. I think what that is from though is that I love(d) to play videogames while I have sports on in the background, so if there is a double header on Wednesday night, I would be playing videogames from 8 to midnight or whenever with the sports on in the background. Without that background noise I can't zone out and play games as easily.

:scared:

Reactions: periferal

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I learned how to stock pile, and then I learned how to purge.

It's awesome how I can buy a few months worth of snacks so that I don't have to go out and buy things at a store, only find out I'm low on snacks 2 weeks later and need to go and buy more at a store.

Even with all the extra drinking and snacks... I've lost 8 pounds. I don't know what happened or how I did it.

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
My sleep habits are absurd, I generally sleep from like 2pm to 10pm and than I am up watching YouTube or whatever for the next 16 hours

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
Awesome. What program are you using? What about creating the drums - What did you use for that?
Thanks!
Using Reaper for my DAW with AmpliTube.
For drums I used eZdrummer.
For keyboard stuff I downloaded some free vst can't recall the name. Looking to get better ones tho for the future!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->