Any GMs feel like a challenge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Here's the situation (the short version, anyway):

I've had 2 GMs in my "steals" draft and tournament go AWOL on me. One hasn't been seen since a week before last Saturday, and the other has been on the boards, but hasn't been to the draft thread or responded to my PMs at all. With that in mind, I'm looking for a pair of mock draft GMs who are willing to step in and take on the teams that have been abandoned.

You will be at a disadvantage, becuase you have 5 and 4 rounds worth of draft picks to be made up (one pick per team per round, obviously), but since there is a tournament using these teams afterwards, maybe you can pull off some upsets, or trade your way to some better players (we have a trading thread as well).

So, if you feel like taking on the mantle of the underdog and trying your hand at my uniquely themed mock draft, be sure to read the outline at the beginning of the drafting thread, and let me know in this thread if you are interested.

For the sake of fairness, I will be randomly selecting the replacements if I get more than two potentially interested parties. In that case, team choice goes to the earliest respondant, so make sure to let me know which team you would prefer to have when you reply.

If you check the trading thread, you can see some fairly recent rosters (there have been a handful of picks since I updated, but none effecting the two teams in question). The teams that are up for grabs are the Portland Olympics and the Boston Bisons.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Ok, Heatley Wanted is now the new GM for Boston. If anyone reading this is interested in taking on Portland, or knows anyone who would be willing to do so, please respond here or PM me. Thanks.

Last edited:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
OK, because I really need a replacement for Portland's departed Jozef Balej, I am now adding an addendum to this situation:

Any GM willing to take over the Portland team, draft for it and manage it in the tournament will be allowed to convert up to two of the currently unused draft picks (at the time of this message, Portland has 5 missed picks) into "import picks". These will allow you to select any two players who are not included in the regular pool of draft eligible players (see the documents attached in the draft thread for the complete pool), provided that they rate 85 or lower according to their "overall" rating in EA's NHL 2005 (I will verify the ratings myself, and you need not actually have the game or know the ratings to make your selections.)

This will allow you to get players of a relatively equal calibre to those who were drafted in the earliest rounds of Jozef Balej's absence, and therefore not be handcuffed by the actions of the previous GM.

At 10pm tonight (that's a little more than 4 hours from now), I will be making 3 selections for the Portland squad, based on a combination of ranking systems used by a couple of the GMs in the draft (myself and ORBluesFan, who manages St. Louis). These will be fair picks based on the needs of the team and the better players available at those positions. If you sign up before then, I will not make those selections, and you can choose whoever you want for yourself.

I should also say that I am extending a similar offer of import picks to Heatley Wanted, the new Boston GM, in the interest of fairness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->