Any Ghost Pirates fans?

Ratitude

May 2, 2020
I know there are thousands of you fine southern hockey fans out there. You gotta be loving coach Bennett and the success the team is having. He was amazing here at Union college but the college got stupid and let him get away, absolutely stupid. I was hoping he would sign locally here to with the Adirondack Thunder but that didn't happen. Solid leader who knows how to win and get players to that next level for sure 👍

Reactions: JMCx4

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
I know there are thousands of you fine southern hockey fans out there. You gotta be loving coach Bennett and the success the team is having. He was amazing here at Union college but the college got stupid and let him get away, absolutely stupid. I was hoping he would sign locally here to with the Adirondack Thunder but that didn't happen. Solid leader who knows how to win and get players to that next level for sure 👍

Went to my first game a couple of weeks ago and was really impressed with the arena and the fans! I was invited by a couple of newbies and now they've already been to their third game. I think they have a shot of building a great market.

CrazyEddie20

Hey RuZZia - Cut Your Losses and Go Home.
Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car

Right, because a college letting a coach against who allegations of abuse were substantiated resign is a bad move.

They should have fired his ass outright.

Abusive coaches have no place in an educational environment. None.

His act will wear thin in Savannah, and he'll bounce around for a while. Bennett is another Frank Anzalone, not another Herb Brooks.

Sources:

Reactions: Roadhog

Ratitude

May 2, 2020
Right, because a college letting a coach against who allegations of abuse were substantiated resign is a bad move.

They should have fired his ass outright.

Abusive coaches have no place in an educational environment. None.

His act will wear thin in Savannah, and he'll bounce around for a while. Bennett is another Frank Anzalone, not another Herb Brooks.

Sources:

So what, he was a tough coach and one who knows how to win. Ask those who played on his 2014 National Championship team, yes the Ghost of the Carolina Hurricanes. Meanwhile over in Albany at the UAlbany basketball team that coach actually assaulted one of his players and facing criminal charge and lawsuits. That basketball coach of course wasnt fired, hmmm wonder why? I think it's fair to say Union College is getting silly.

Last edited:

Ratitude

May 2, 2020
Went to my first game a couple of weeks ago and was really impressed with the arena and the fans! I was invited by a couple of newbies and now they've already been to their third game. I think they have a shot of building a great market.
Outstanding coach, he is the coach you want for your club, trust me. He was a fan favorite here in the Albany area. Union College who let him get away is getting kinda silly 🙄. He coached the Cane's Shayne Gostisbehere and led a team nobody gave a second thought of to the 2014 championship over Minnesota. Good for him, and good for the fans down in Georgia 👍🤟.

Reactions: Dingo44

Nogatco Rd

Owner & Operator, HFBoards LLC
Apr 3, 2021
So what, he was a tough coach and one who knows how to win. Ask those who played on his 2014 National Championship team, yes the Ghost of the Carolina Hurricanes. Meanwhile over in Albany at the UAlbany basketball team that coach actually assaulted one of his players and facing criminal charge and lawsuits. That basketball coach of course wasnt fired, hmmm wonder why? I think it's fair to say Union College is getting silly.

“The move by Union to choose its own nickname comes at a time when the College is in the midst of a comprehensive branding update designed to strengthen how to communicate Union’s distinctiveness and the power of a Union education to prospective and current students, faculty, staff, alumni and the general public.

“As we work through a broad branding update for the College, this seemed like a good time to examine whether Dutchmen/Dutchwomen was performing the work on a nickname as a rallying point for our students," Land said. “We also currently don't have a mascot, which leaves room for us to strengthen our marketing.

“This is all about asking the question: ‘Can we do better than what we have now?'"”

Just curious, what’s your issue with the school rebranding?

Ratitude

May 2, 2020
What's my issue lol? I can offer a long reply with many reasons why I have an issue with the school's rebranding. My full response probably will get my post bloc because free speech is obviously frowned upon. I believe this is being explored for obvious political and social reasons which aren't justified by a new group of leadership. More simply put I like that name and many others do, I dont believe the change is as popular as they would want people to believe. I do have a problem with the proposal. I believe in tradition and history and when we go down that road of sacrificing it so that some can feel good it is setting a bad precedent.

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
wish they were around when I lived in Savannah!

Reactions: Ratitude

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad