OT: any french speaking/reading fans?

roll4lines

Apr 24, 2014
CNY
Good morning all, I lurk often and post infrequently. I have recently found that I have rich family history up in the town of Beloeil in Quebec. I am coming across documents and such that I am unable to read. Most of them are scan or pictures so I am unable to copy into a translator and even have difficulty deciphering some of the characters (cursive letters from the 1800s).

I'm looking for someone (hopefully a fellow bruins fan) to assist in translating some documents for me. Im absolutely willing to paypal/venmo as well.

Bergyesque

Been there, done that.
Mar 11, 2014
Laval, QC, Canada
Good morning all, I lurk often and post infrequently. I have recently found that I have rich family history up in the town of Beloeil in Quebec. I am coming across documents and such that I am unable to read. Most of them are scan or pictures so I am unable to copy into a translator and even have difficulty deciphering some of the characters (cursive letters from the 1800s).

I'm looking for someone (hopefully a fellow bruins fan) to assist in translating some documents for me. Im absolutely willing to paypal/venmo as well.
Could help a bit, depending on the volume and the deadline.

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
Shi
I can help you
I am amator genealogist since many years, made my family tree with 4000 ancestors

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
A couple of things worthwhile to know for quebec ancestry. First born often had same first name as father and no Jr designation so this can make things tough if dates arent available. Early military coming across often changed their name to a local nickname - and these often were kept after making breaks in lineage tracking/corrolating between religious and military records. If they were catholic the local dioceses kept very good records for birth/mariage/death. Often people married more than once due to death so you need to check who the mother was or it mixes up lineage. Looking at the docs on the reddit it looks like whoever that was, he was asking for a land grant to build a mill. Didn’t see any other family related info.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad