Speculation: Any Free Agents in Town?

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Outside of the bullet proof pick as Brady Tkachuk, Dorion did not draft yet any NHL players as scout or GM.
The last three years of his drafting as GM.
Logan Brown
Jonathan Dahlén
Todd Burgess
Maxime Lajoie
Markus Nurmi
Shane Bowers
Alex Formenton
Drake Batherson
Jordan Hollett
Brady Tkachuk
Jacob Bernard-Docker
Jonny Tychonick Defence
Jonathan Gruden
Angus Crookshank
Kevin Mandolese
Jakov Novak
For example. Steve Yezerman in the last 8 years with Tampa Bay Ligtning, produced 13 NHL players.
Brett Connolly
Radko Gudas
Vladislav Namestnikov
Nikita Kucherov
Ondřej Palát
Andrei Vasilevskiy
Cédric Paquette
Jonathan Drouin
Adam Erne
Tony DeAngelo
Brayden Point
Anthony Cirelli
Brett Howden
I love how you compare 3 years for the Sens to 8 years for the Lightning. How fair and logical!

Do you know how many NHLers the Lightning have picked in the last three years? One. Brett Howden.

Obviously the Lightning have drafted better though, but to not compare them the same is ridiculous. Most players aren't going to make the NHL for 3-4 years anyway.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I love how you compare 3 years for the Sens to 8 years for the Lightning. How fair and logical!

Do you know how many NHLers the Lightning have picked in the last three years? One. Brett Howden.

Obviously the Lightning have drafted better though, but to not compare them the same is ridiculous. Most players aren't going to make the NHL for 3-4 years anyway.

I commend you for how well you handled yourself in the face idiocy.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
Outside of the bullet proof pick as Brady Tkachuk, Dorion did not draft yet any NHL players as scout or GM.
Logan Brown
Jonathan Dahlén
Todd Burgess
Maxime Lajoie
Markus Nurmi
Shane Bowers
Alex Formenton
Drake Batherson
Jordan Hollett
Brady Tkachuk
Jacob Bernard-Docker
Jonny Tychonick Defence
Jonathan Gruden
Angus Crookshank
Kevin Mandolese
Jakov Novak
For example. Steve Yezerman in the last 8 years with Tampa Bay Ligtning, produced 13 NHL players.
Brett Connolly
Radko Gudas
Vladislav Namestnikov
Nikita Kucherov
Ondřej Palát
Andrei Vasilevskiy
Cédric Paquette
Jonathan Drouin
Adam Erne
Tony DeAngelo
Brayden Point
Anthony Cirelli
Brett Howden

Your posts are progressively getting more and more insane. On your Dorion list there are four players who have played NHL games. Then you're comparing 3 years to 8 years. If you go back 8 years for Dorion, you'll find he drafted many NHL players.

And for god's sake, learn how to spell Yzerman's name!

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Logan Brown
Jonathan Dahlén
Todd Burgess
Maxime Lajoie
Markus Nurmi
Shane Bowers
Alex Formenton
Drake Batherson
Jordan Hollett
Brady Tkachuk
Jacob Bernard-Docker
Jonny Tychonick Defence
Jonathan Gruden
Angus Crookshank
Kevin Mandolese
Jakov Novak
Brett Connolly
Radko Gudas
Vladislav Namestnikov
Nikita Kucherov
Ondřej Palát
Andrei Vasilevskiy
Cédric Paquette
Jonathan Drouin
Adam Erne
Tony DeAngelo
Brayden Point
Anthony Cirelli
Brett Howden
Did Dohrion passover all of those players Tampa drafted?

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Lazar probably isn't worth the egg on the face for Dorion considering he's likely never never going to be anything more than a 4th liner at the NHL level. Might as well bring in someone else to fill that role (Hartman, Granlund, ect).

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Hartman is more likely to sign again with Dallas. That was an arbitration maneuver. I was more suggesting Lazar for Belleville.

Hartman was probably a bad example because he'll be looking for a 1-way. My point still stands that it would be an embarasement for Dorion to bring back one of his own draft busts to play as depth in Belleville, when there are tons of other players available who could fill a similar role on a 2-way contract. It would be different if the team thought he had higher NHL upside, but that that ship has obviously sailed.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Hartman was probably a bad example because he'll be looking for a 1-way. My point still stands that it would be an embarasement for Dorion to bring back one of his own draft busts to play as depth in Belleville, when there are tons of other players available who could fill a similar role on a 2-way contract. It would be different if the team thought he had higher NHL upside, but that that ship has obviously sailed.

*cough* Jim O'Brien *cough*

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
*cough* Jim O'Brien *cough*

According to Wikipedia Pierre Dorion wasn't hired until July 2007, while JOB was drafted in June 2007 (presumably with the intel from Muckler's staff, which would explain that 2nd round Bashkirov pick).

Admittedly, I got a giggle out of your example, so I'll give you half a point.

Last edited:

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
According to Wikipedia Pierre Dorion wasn't hired until July 2017, while JOB was drafted in June 2017 (presumably with the intel from Muckler's staff, which would explain that 2nd round Bashkirov pick).

Admittedly, I got a giggle out of your example, so I'll give you half a point.

2007* :)

Reactions: stempniaksen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad