Any former NHL/AHL enforcers still around?

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
I guess it depends what you mean by Former NHL Enforcer. These are some players currently in the AHL that might fit the criteria:

Luke Gazdic -San Diego
Kurtis Gabriel - Lehigh Valley
Michael Liambas - Iowa
Dylan McIlrath - Grand Rapids
Luke Witkowski - Syracuse
Anthony Peluso - Bakersfield

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Semi pro?
5b1778fd30968dd2a60c4be3a510c027_706x397.jpg

bov

Nov 13, 2010
I had no idea Bordeleau went to the LNAH but I guess that makes sense. When he first came onto the scene, he was looking like a beast that nobody wanted to mess with. I think it was Peluso that really took it to him and after that I don't know if he ever rebounded at the NHL level as far as "enforcers" go.

Not sure if applicable but when I think of tough guys who have been pro for years, I think of the Gallant brothers. Last I checked, they're still going strong in the A.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
I had no idea Bordeleau went to the LNAH but I guess that makes sense. When he first came onto the scene, he was looking like a beast that nobody wanted to mess with. I think it was Peluso that really took it to him and after that I don't know if he ever rebounded at the NHL level as far as "enforcers" go.

Not sure if applicable but when I think of tough guys who have been pro for years, I think of the Gallant brothers. Last I checked, they're still going strong in the A.
I don't remember him fighting Peluso but I do remember him getting a beating from Brett Gallant. Bordeleau also has an awesome fight with McGrattan that was pretty even. Speaking of McGratten and Gallants, Alex dropping McGratten in the A was very impressive.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
I don't remember him fighting Peluso but I do remember him getting a beating from Brett Gallant. Bordeleau also has an awesome fight with McGrattan that was pretty even. Speaking of McGratten and Gallants, Alex dropping McGratten in the A was very impressive.

Yeah, those Gallants are tough SOB's, definitely amongst the top "pound for pound" for years now. And I was thinking of Gazdic, not Peluso, who gave him quite the beating. He still fought after that, but for some reason my memory is telling me that it was kind of downhill from there at the NHL level. It may have been inevitable as Bordeleau was a fringe player anyway, but that one took some bluster off his reputation coming from the A.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Gazdic vs Bordeleau was an absolute beating, he was basically out on his feet, other than that Bordeleau held his own against most.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Yeah, those Gallants are tough SOB's, definitely amongst the top "pound for pound" for years now. And I was thinking of Gazdic, not Peluso, who gave him quite the beating. He still fought after that, but for some reason my memory is telling me that it was kind of downhill from there at the NHL level. It may have been inevitable as Bordeleau was a fringe player anyway, but that one took some bluster off his reputation coming from the A.
Ok ya Gazdic did give him a beating. I totally agree with you on the Gallant bros. Two of my favourite fighters of the past decade and definitely two of the top p4p fighters.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I wish we got to see the Gallant bros in the NHL for a bit, that would have been super fun. Both fairly small guys who could absolutely chuck em.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Another guy who really entertained me in the NHL was Trevor Gillies, guy was an absolute psycho and i loved it.

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond played most of this year with Bordeleau in the LNAH with Laval. Quit because of death threats.
LNAH game cancelled after death threats leveled at former NHL player | TradeRumours.com
I am probably one of the few on this forum that enjoys watching LNAH fights, but some of the fans that these games attract are complete reprobates. Fraudulent tough guys that talk shit behind the glass. Security needs to crackdown on such nonsense; it is terrible optics to the average viewer.

ace22

Apr 29, 2020
I am probably one of the few on this forum that enjoys watching LNAH fights, but some of the fans that these games attract are complete reprobates. Fraudulent tough guys that talk shit behind the glass. Security needs to crackdown on such nonsense; it is terrible optics to the average viewer.
There's always been a biker gang/criminal element that lurks around the league. It's unfortunate because the quality of play is really good. I saw a Jonquiere vs. Laval game in January. Jonquiere had 9 players who were either drafted by or played in the NHL and Laval had 8. The style of play is reminiscent of the NHL in the early 90s. They don't call chintzy penalties so there's no diving and a lot of physicality.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad