Any Flyers fans in NYC?

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
It's easier going from driving on the left-to-right than right-to-left if only because there are almost no roundabouts in the US (though New Jersey does have some). Roundabouts are the only thing that even remotely mess me up switching sides.

Just remember that right hand turns at intersections are now the easier turn to make instead of the harder one. You'll be fine.

Reactions: Chris OKeeffe

Chris OKeeffe

Jul 21, 2018
Rotherham, Yorkshire, GB.
Update- The car is reserved for pick up at Newark and I purchased some resale game tickets from ticketmaster.com for section 205.

The only thing that can mess it up now is a delayed flight!

I’m hoping my driving experience in NYC and Manhattan isn’t for too long as it’s late night coming back so I hope not a nightmare too much.

The hire car is to be dropped off on the same street as our hotel the next morning. I haven’t looked at the parking yet near our place.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Update- The car is reserved for pick up at Newark and I purchased some resale game tickets from ticketmaster.com for section 205.

The only thing that can mess it up now is a delayed flight!

I’m hoping my driving experience in NYC and Manhattan isn’t for too long as it’s late night coming back so I hope not a nightmare too much.

The hire car is to be dropped off on the same street as our hotel the next morning. I haven’t looked at the parking yet near our place.

It's been touched on, but the driving won't be bad. Just remember that your left turns are now your right turns. It's an easy adjustment in the city.

However Atlantic-region city driving rules are in effect, so you will want to watch Fury Road to prepare yourself. You may need to be assertive occasionally, but if you'd rather not make waves you can just make right turns until you're where you need to be. NYC is a dirt simple grid to drive around in.

I had the joy of driving on the left side of the road in American-style cars in USVI, complete with a traffic circle. I caught on pretty quickly. It probably won't stop feeling illegal though :laugh:

Chris OKeeffe

Jul 21, 2018
Rotherham, Yorkshire, GB.
Did you make it to the game?

I did!! I only missed the first 90 seconds. We actually got through customs with 30 minutes to spare at Newark for our Amtrak to Philly but the damn thing was late by 30 minutes anyway which in the end made us a couple of minutes late as we checked in to our hotel first before getting an Uber to the game.

We actually stayed in New York an extra day more than planned and watched the Islanders-Penguins game too which was a great experience to be in the Nassau Coliseum.

Literally just arrived back home now.

Attachments

• C0E04485-BD33-4F1F-B15C-C5264BD53EE1.jpeg
    C0E04485-BD33-4F1F-B15C-C5264BD53EE1.jpeg
    312.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 7F04937E-75E8-4BFC-8902-FE9587AC59BB.jpeg
    7F04937E-75E8-4BFC-8902-FE9587AC59BB.jpeg
    269.8 KB · Views: 7

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad