Any Descendants of players from 1890's or early 1900.

driveforfive*

I have compiled 463 pages of hockey games (all of them in the AHA of C and CAHL) from the 1890's and have been playing with biographies. It has been hard to find any of the descendants of these great pioneer hockey players. If anyone wants to have a general chat on the 1890's I am all ears.

ClassicHockey

May 22, 2005
I might be able to help, but I'm not totally sure of what you need. Maybe you can send me a private message.

I have compiled 463 pages of hockey games (all of them in the AHA of C and CAHL) from the 1890's and have been playing with biographies. It has been hard to find any of the descendants of these great pioneer hockey players. If anyone wants to have a general chat on the 1890's I am all ears.

driveforfive*

I might be able to help, but I'm not totally sure of what you need. Maybe you can send me a private message.

I am putting a book into publication (hopefully) and have a list of every player that played from 1893 to 1899 with the Montreal Amateur Athletic Association, Montreal Victorias, Montreal Crystal/Shamrocks, Ottawa Hockey Club, and Quebec Hockey Club. Plus the many great games played by Winnipeg in Stanley Cup Challenges. I would just like to know if any family members of these greats realize how important their ancestors were to the development of the game. There were many great hockey players that have long been forgotten. I will start a thread that lists the leaders of the 1890's to create discussion. I know Mike Grant's son had involvement with the New York Mets and I believe he has family members in Florida. Fred Chittick's daughter just passed away about 5 years ago near the age of 100 somewhere in the USA. Some family members of these greats may have heard that their great-grandfather was a good athlete but do not realize they were one of the greatest players of the game in their era.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad