Any basic GM Games starting soon?

Pucker77

May 10, 2012
Minnesota
Any GM Games starting up anytime soon? I saw that there is a potential FIFA type one with no Cap and it sounds interesting but the cap is part of the uniqueness of GM Games. Anybody can just sit around and trade people with no worries about money.

There is also one where you choose to be a contender or rebuilder and then draft your team or something like that? I didnt really understand it but again, one of the fun parts (to me) of GM Games is that you have to work with what you have, Obviously teams like Chicago have an advantage with that style but it just makes it more awesome if somebody can upset them.

Just so I'm clear, I am by no means knocking any of the other peoples games, they are very interesting ideas and I can understand the appeal they have but I am just a purist, the simple to get started version of choose a team and make them your own, that is just my favorite.

So are there any normal style GM Games going on?

Habsfannick

Jul 8, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Seems you didn't really read the OP of the Fifa one, there's no cap but every team will have a budget instead. So it won't be about just getting players with no worries about money every team will have their own budget to worry about (with a lot of the teams having close to the same budget.

How Ya Drouin

12/08/13 GM GamesRIP
Apr 24, 2013
Ontario
Also, after DD's and HFN's (which will probably take a while, I admit), we'll probably have another normal game.

Pucker77

May 10, 2012
Minnesota
Seems you didn't really read the OP of the Fifa one, there's no cap but every team will have a budget instead. So it won't be about just getting players with no worries about money every team will have their own budget to worry about (with a lot of the teams having close to the same budget.

Sorry, I read it but typing it on here, I mis-worded it. I understand the budget thing, the part for me was rather than trading you simply purchase their contracts, to be fair, I dont necessarily know what they mean by that but that is what was bugging me. purchasing contracts rather than trading.

Does that make a little more sense?

Habsfannick

Jul 8, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Sorry, I read it but typing it on here, I mis-worded it. I understand the budget thing, the part for me was rather than trading you simply purchase their contracts, to be fair, I dont necessarily know what they mean by that but that is what was bugging me. purchasing contracts rather than trading.

Does that make a little more sense?

Yeah it does. Basically it's like it's done in soccer, let's say the preds have a small budget and decide they're better off without Weber cause he costs too much. Teams will offer sums of money to the preds to transfer weber to them. Toronto has a big budget so they offer Nashville a $15M payment for Weber and the preds accept. Now the preds have extra money and the leafs have Weber.

Pucker77

May 10, 2012
Minnesota
Yeah it does. Basically it's like it's done in soccer, let's say the preds have a small budget and decide they're better off without Weber cause he costs too much. Teams will offer sums of money to the preds to transfer weber to them. Toronto has a big budget so they offer Nashville a $15M payment for Weber and the preds accept. Now the preds have extra money and the leafs have Weber.

I understand.

It is an interesting concept. Same as the rebuild/contention draft method. They are new styles and are being tested to see how they can work. I just like the normal game because if you follow the NHL, then you basically understand how the game will be played.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad