Antti Miettinen: career potential?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rez

Oct 5, 2005
I guess this is a question targeted more towards Finnish posters and Dallas Stars fans, but what do you guys think Antti Miettinen's career potential is?

He's playing extremely well in Dallas despite the limited ice time. He also won the best player award in the Finnish Elite League in 2003, which I found pretty impressive.

Also, as a corrollary, do you think he will blossom (or maybe already is) a better player than Jussi Jokinen?

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Very all-round 3rd line winger, capable of playing in the top 6 without looking out of place. He's a pretty underrated playmaker, has a nice arsenal of moves and is even quite the physical player. Best part is, like most Finns, his defense. He'll be a serious contender for the Selke trophy for years to come.

All things considered, I think Miettinen might be as good, if not even slightly better than Jokinen. But the Stars haven't had a high scoring rookie in quite some time, it's natural Jokinen gets more praise from its fans.

I view Miettinen as a very all-round player who should average about 10/20 goals and between 30 and 55 points a season depending on his role. He doesn't have many weaknesses in his game. Jussi Jokinen will most likely average about 60+ points a season, with perhaps a career year of 30 goals somewhere. Pick your flavour..

Note: Prior to their NHL breakthrough, Miettinen was rated a 7.5 and viewed as a Jere Lehtinen calibre player. Slightly worse defensively, slightly better offensively and more flashy and physical in general. Jokinen was rated a 7.0 and projected as a Scott Young type of player.

I think both projections are still very accurate..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad