Signing(s): Antonio Brown signs with the Buccaneers

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Franchise tag. They will sign David and Barrett first.
They have to prioritize when they want to sign. Only so much cap space available.

David got a big payday, Barrett was on the tag, so he got a payday. Only Godwin hasn't gotten his big payday yet.

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
He already said he wants to stay.

Ofcourse he did. Makes sense, he just won a SB and someone puts a mic in your face and asks you would you like to come back and play. I would say I would like to stay.

But if you have followed his career he will go to who pays him the most money.

Reactions: ziggyjoe212

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Ofcourse he did. Makes sense, he just won a SB and someone puts a mic in your face and asks you would you like to come back and play. I would say I would like to stay.

He wanted to go to the Patriots, but the Steelers said no and traded him to the Raiders. Raiders released him and he immediately signed with the Patriots. Once he was release he signed with the Bucs. He wanted to play with Brady from the start.

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA

He lost millions forcing his way to TB12 from the Raiders. If that woman didnt go public the week after he got to NE, who knows if TB12 leaves NE if AB was there. I think the release of AB was the last straw.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Crossfire Hurricane

Sponsor
Aug 19, 2006
Redondo Beach
He wanted to go to the Patriots, but the Steelers said no and traded him to the Raiders. Raiders released him and he immediately signed with the Patriots. Once he was release he signed with the Bucs. He wanted to play with Brady from the start.
Besides, how many teams are even willing to sign him? Tampa might be his only option.

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
Antonio Brown said he sees Brady as his big brother. He’s staying in Tampa on an incentive laden deal

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
The more I think about it, the more I think Mayock and Gruden will sign this guy. Strong lockeroom presence for their young guns

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Brown already cashed in while a Steeler and with all his off & on field trouble, he'll probably be stuck with incentive deals going forward.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Brown already cashed in while a Steeler and with all his off & on field trouble, he'll probably be stuck with incentive deals going forward.
Spotrac has AB's career earnings around $77.5 million. He's 32 and will be 33 when next season begins. Nearing the end of his career. He made $7.5 million total in the last 2 years, when his deal with the Raiders would have guaranteed him like $30 million.

But, his actions over the past 2 years, along with his age will limit him to incentive based contracts. Don't see him ever hitting 8 figures even with performance bonuses. At this point, I don't see a team viewing him as anymore more than a #3 option given his off field dependability. Can't take the risk that you lose your #2 WR for an off the field issue.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
His options are very limited. He may stay with TB but that's because he has Brady baby sitting him.

Also it's sad and pathetic that a 33 year old man needs a baby sitter.

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
The Bucs draft will really be something. They basically have no need. They could go BPA all the way

Reactions: Voight

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
You are misunderstanding my point. There is not enough touches to keep everyone happy. Im not even convinced AB will be the problem. Tom.has some sort of fascination with AB. How do you feel if you're Godwin or Evans? Both these guys have been nothing but beasts and now Tom wants AB who has been nothing but poison.

Not to mention the coach just got his legs cut out from underneath him. Bruce looks like an absolute fool right now. No chance in hell any of his players are.taking him seriously. Tom clearly makes.the decisions for the team.
Boy what an unhappy team the Bucs became. All the way to be the Super Bowl Champs.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Boy what an unhappy team the Bucs became. All the way to be the Super Bowl Champs.
They had a pretty mediocre 1st half of the season when he joined. Luckily the GOAT trumps all though. They really didnt need him. They could have won without him and not risked his shenanigans or employed a woman abuser.

Great bump though

Reactions: DaaaaB's

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->