Signing(s): Antonio Brown signs with the Buccaneers

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
He did a radio interview here (in Tampa) way back in March and he sounded like he had his coming to Jesus moment. He realized he f***ed up big time and that Tom has been helping him to be better...so it’s no surprise he’s here in Tampa.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rodgerwilco

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
The one issue the Bucs receivers have is staying healthy. Godwin and Evans missed games last year and Godwin has missed 3 games this year and Evans has been healthy for only 1 game. Also their 3rd and 4th WRs have been injured as well.
Brown is a cheap insurance policy.
Lol if you think Brown signed up to be an insurance policy

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
He did a radio interview here (in Tampa) way back in March and he sounded like he had his coming to Jesus moment. He realized he f***ed up big tune and than Tom has been helping him to be better...so it’s no surprise he’s here in Tampa.

I hope so. He's an amazing talent and should just stick to catching footballs.

My guess is he realized it was HIS own actions and fault that had him out of the league at 32.

Last edited:

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Lol if you think Brown signed up to be an insurance policy
You misunderstood my comments. Brown will get some touches with Tampa regardless. the "insurance" will come in the form of him being able to step up up into the "guy" if one or both of Evans or/and Godwin get hurt.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
You misunderstood my comments. Brown will get some touches with Tampa regardless. the "insurance" will come in the form of him being able to step up up into the "guy" if one or both of Evans or/and Godwin get hurt.
You are misunderstanding my point. There is not enough touches to keep everyone happy. Im not even convinced AB will be the problem. Tom.has some sort of fascination with AB. How do you feel if you're Godwin or Evans? Both these guys have been nothing but beasts and now Tom wants AB who has been nothing but poison.

Not to mention the coach just got his legs cut out from underneath him. Bruce looks like an absolute fool right now. No chance in hell any of his players are.taking him seriously. Tom clearly makes.the decisions for the team.

Last edited:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

b8edcfd6dd79720249b61853c178e8dca5-surejan.2x.rsocial.w600.jpg

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
This is going to be exciting, TB12 is still slinging it, Gronkowski is heating up, Bucs are figuring out their running game now too, with RoJo taking a good step forward. Antonio just makes another very strong weapon.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
The team is starting to click and risk ruining it with this clown? I get the logic as a covid insurance but I wouldn't trust Brown.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
The team is starting to click and risk ruining it with this clown? I get the logic as a covid insurance but I wouldn't trust Brown.
Lol brown ad a covid insurance? If there is one guy guaranteed to get covind now that he is on a team. Its AB lol!

member 157595

This is going to be exciting, TB12 is still slinging it, Gronkowski is heating up, Bucs are figuring out their running game now too, with RoJo taking a good step forward. Antonio just makes another very strong weapon.

Since AB is a walking cancer it's incredibly risky, but if he works out, that team scares me more than any team in the NFC. Wilson > Brady but the Bucs D > Seahawks D and Seattle's home field advantage (if they get it) is neutered right now. Packers don't have the depth, Bears don't have the offense to keep up, etc.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Since AB is a walking cancer it's incredibly risky, but if he works out, that team scares me more than any team in the NFC. Wilson > Brady but the Bucs D > Seahawks D and Seattle's home field advantage (if they get it) is neutered right now. Packers don't have the depth, Bears don't have the offense to keep up, etc.
Yeah, that obviously hinges on whether or not Antonio can keep his mental health and behavior in check.

I agree about the NFC, too.

Reactions: OmniCube

member 157595

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Dude has a record of being a malcontent when he doesn't get the targets he expects, and TB's receiving corps is on paper one of the best that has ever been. There's only one football on the field at a time so it should shock no one if AB throws a fit.

Not to mention, where does this leave Gronk? If the Bucs go with these 4 WR sets, he'll either be on the sideline more often or they'll be going with a lot of 5-wides and empty backfields.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
My gut instinct tells me that it's not going to be Antonio Brown, but Mike Evans, who is going to start getting mad about the crowded receiving core. Throughout his career Evans has almost always seen the Lion's share of the targets, but that doesn't seem to be the case now. Before this year Evans averaged ~9.4 Targets per game, coming out to about 5.2 Receptions/game.

So far this season Evans has been limited to only 5.6 Targets/game, which has netted him about 3.6 receptions/game. He's had four games this season where he's been limited to only 4 or less targets which has converted to only 6 catches over 4 games (4 targets for 3 rec and 0 TD's in last 2 games). He's getting some red zone targets and has 6 TDs to show for it, but his target share is WAY down. Now with AB coming into the picture that will presumably decrease his share even more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->