Signing(s): Antonio Brown signs with the Buccaneers

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Wow, I guess we know who really runs this team & its definitely not Coach BA. That said, if this works out & by some miracle AB turns out to be a choirboy and produces big time it will make the GOAT even GOATER!

Sep 19, 2008
Source: AB working on deal to join Buccaneers

Buccaneers coach Bruce Arians worked with Brown while he was the offensive coordinator in Pittsburgh and previously had been critical of Brown. Arians told Schefter on his podcast in 2019 that Brown was "too much of a diva," and said as recently as March that Brown wasn't a fit on the Bucs.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Pro: Brown is probably still beast on the field

Con: He comes with more baggage than a recently landed airliner, the Bucs don't have a strong locker room culture like the Patriots had to keep him in line and will likely start bitching the moment he doesn't get enough touches, especially with 2 studly WRs in front of him.

On paper, that receiving core is the best we've seen since those late 90s/early 00's Vikings juggernauts with Moss, Carter and random other guy who also somehow becomes a 1000 yard WR.

This clown doesn't deserve the chance but talent over everything the NFL. Bucs got no one to blame but themselves if this explodes in their face.

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
The 2001/02 Red Wings are reborn. Now we see what karma has in store for them.

Gruß,
BSHH

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
As a Bucs fan... f*** this, i'm so mad right now
TB12 is probably one of the very few players that Brown respects and would listen to. Brown was fine with the Pats last year and only got kicked off the team for past transgressions. I think it will probably work out OK.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
A) He's played decent this year. But still. Seeing Brady in a Bucs jersey is bizarre. Never thought we would see him in a different uniform. Yet here we are. Than again, Wayne Gretzky played for a team other than the Oilers. Jordan played for the Wizards.

B) I don't get the move from an on field perspective. This isn't the 2019 Patriots offense. Those receivers are capable of burning any defense. Scoring points shouldn't be a problem.

C) Is this decision being made just because Brady (His Buddy) wants it to happen? It should be the coach's choice. The same coach who said a while back A.B. wouldn't play for them.

D) Is this Brown's last chance? I'm hesitant to say yes. I mean a lesser player like Josh Gordon has gotten chance after chance. Who knows. But this guy is a ticking time bomb. What's weird is his career never started out this way. Things turned very sour after that Burfict hit in the postseason.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
A) He's played decent this year. But still. Seeing Brady in a Bucs jersey is bizarre. Never thought we would see him in a different uniform. Yet here we are. Than again, Wayne Gretzky played for a team other than the Oilers. Jordan played for the Wizards.

B) I don't get the move from an on field perspective. This isn't the 2019 Patriots offense. Those receivers are capable of burning any defense. Scoring points shouldn't be a problem.

C) Is this decision being made just because Brady (His Buddy) wants it to happen? It should be the coach's choice. The same coach who said a while back A.B. wouldn't play for them.

D) Is this Brown's last chance? I'm hesitant to say yes. I mean a lesser player like Josh Gordon has gotten chance after chance. Who knows. But this guy is a ticking time bomb. What's weird is his career never started out this way. Things turned very sour after that Burfict hit in the postseason.

Browns last chance?
Jim rome said today because Brown is a super talent ,If hanibal Lectar was Antonio Brown a GM would gloss his problem over as an eating disorder.

Reactions: KLM-Line

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
This is the Bucs best chance at winning it all, so why not?

They will lose players on D....Brady will prob be done. Unless they go out and get another QB to keep the team going(Matt Ryan ...Stafford...etc) . Even then, they will still lose a lot of players in FA. Team is stacked right now, adding a talent like Brown to finish out the year is all reward and very little risk imo. Its not like they signed him last offseason to a 4 year deal.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
The commissioner may not though.

And Jim Rome is still around? I just remember him from the time Everett was going to beat him up. Way back. Lol.
You mean Chrissy? That was great.
I've always liked Rome , one of the better sports shows.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
For me its the train wreck i can't stop watching.
From the months leading up to his Steelers departure, where he blocked trades and threatened to retire.

All throughout his Raiders months (the helmet, the frozen feet, the problems with the coach and general manager).

Up until he signed and then left the Patriots, where things really went off the cliff with all the sexual allegations, throwing a bag of dicks at police when they met him at his house, and etc.

The "Antonio Brown Show" was must-watch TV during this time.

Every day when I went to YouTube to watch the daily sports news, I was thinking "I wonder what that rascal Antonio Brown is up to now".

Reactions: TheAngryHank

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
LOL...what Captain America wants, Captain America gets.

I really don't get Brady's fascination with this dude though, maybe he just wasn't around him long enough to know what a nutcase he is.

I think you are mostly right here. I think Brady knows him well enough. He housed Brown at his home in Boston, how can he not know him enough by this point? Honestly, I think this speaks more to Brady’s character than Brown. I guess rings and titles mean more to Brady than humanity and being a good person. I now question the supposed great relationship between Brady and Kraft. Brown said some nasty shit about Kraft on the way out the door. If someone that I didn’t know all that well said that shit about my friends, they’d be forgotten about.

I watched little chunks of that video of the incident with the cops in FLA. Holy shit, Brown is not a good person or reasonable. How the cops didn’t knock his block off is amazing. I would stay 100 miles away from a person like this.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
The one issue the Bucs receivers have is staying healthy. Godwin and Evans missed games last year and Godwin has missed 3 games this year and Evans has been healthy for only 1 game. Also their 3rd and 4th WRs have been injured as well.
Brown is a cheap insurance policy.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The one issue the Bucs receivers have is staying healthy. Godwin and Evans missed games last year and Godwin has missed 3 games this year and Evans has been healthy for only 1 game. Also their 3rd and 4th WRs have been injured as well.
Brown is a cheap insurance policy.
If he doesn't work out, they will just cut him. He screwed himself out of a millions of dollars. He was a day or so from having around $25-$30 mill guaranteed from the Raiders.

Reactions: AllAbout813

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad