NFL: Antonio Brown posts picture wearing 49ers jersey.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
It’s not been a secret that Steelers WR Antonio Brown and the San Francisco 49ers have been eyeing each other up. AB all but confirmed that he’s set to head to ‘Frisco this upcoming season with his most recent Instagram post...

upload_2019-1-25_12-20-48.png

At what point does the Pittsburgh organization publicly address this? At what point does Antonio himself actually discuss it, rather than throwing passive aggressive pot shots?

Also, I don’t know how NFL contract negotiations or endorsements work, but is this not some type of infraction? Is there a possibility that posting photoshopped image of a player wearing another teams ‘s uniform is some type of breach of contract?

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Is there really any point to suspending a guy in the offseason though? He's still free to ****post on social media whether the team likes it or not.

If the Steelers want to send a message i'd trade him to the least desirable place possible. So like, Oakland.

Reactions: Clowe Me

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
There's no point in suspending the guy or anything like that. There's also no need for the organization to really address it as any sort of blow-up between both sides could hurt the trade market.

So they'll say very little and then within the next month or so he'll be traded. That's it.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Is there really any point to suspending a guy in the offseason though? He's still free to ****post on social media whether the team likes it or not.

If the Steelers want to send a message i'd trade him to the least desirable place possible. So like, Oakland.
I would imagine that there is some type of behavioral clause though that would forbid him from portraying himself this way. Like I said though, I don't know how these kinds of things work, but I wouldn't think that a team would be too happy with their player marketing himself in another team's apparel.

There's no point in suspending the guy or anything like that. There's also no need for the organization to really address it as any sort of blow-up between both sides could hurt the trade market.

So they'll say very little and then within the next month or so he'll be traded. That's it.
I would have expected at least a canned response by this point... even along the lines of "We are aware of Antonio's feelings on the matter and are working with him toward a resolution". Anything... there's just silence. Which I guess is a form of damage control. These guys' egos (AB and Bell) are so volatile that even the slightest remark could set them off.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Well, AB already "destroyed" the trade market by saying he wanted to be in SF.

Hasn't helped, for sure. No need to make it worse though.

He certainly did. No one is going to give up a lot at this point for him

We'll see. I've said my aim as a Steelers fan would be either a late 1st or two 2nds. I think there is a market there for that. Nobody is expecting a top ten pick.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Which is why I would suspend him next year.

Having him playing for another team is probably a bigger blow than what they could receive for him in a trade. Unless the Niners are ready to give the Steelers what they want, they should just suspend him.

I'm glad you're not running the team. Suspending him would be a giant mess and a huge waste of time while the asset depreciates even more.

Gain assets and move on. The last thing the team needs is a star player's non-presence hanging over the team for another year.

Reactions: fin8

fin8

Apr 10, 2010
sault.ste.marie,on
Antonio is a great receiver. A game changer. A threat to score, every time he’s on the field. Not a great attitude, but there will be plenty of teams, interested in his service.

Reactions: Amerika

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
Yeah no way in hell a team gives up a 1st for him.

Maybe a 2nd + a 4th or something like that.

Regardless of return, boy did the Steelers absolutely blow it with Brown + Bell. Had 2 of the absolute best at their positions in their prime, and they won nothing with them. Couldn't even make a SB and only made it to the AFC title game one time. You dream to have to have 1 of those types of players in their prime, and they had 2.... and they blew it.

What a complete waste.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Yeah no way in hell a team gives up a 1st for him.

Maybe a 2nd + a 4th or something like that.

Regardless of return, boy did the Steelers absolutely blow it with Brown + Bell. Had 2 of the absolute best at their positions in their prime, and they won nothing with them. Couldn't even make a SB and only made it to the AFC title game one time. You dream to have to have 1 of those types of players in their prime, and they had 2.... and they blew it.

What a complete waste.

Personally this is always how I expected it to end, it was clear to me that those two were too deluded with ego to really lead a team. I know they’re both crazy talented but I always wondered why people just swept that under the rug. Captain fat f*** certainly doesn’t get a pass either.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Reality is that Brown's agent probably has permission to seek a trade

Reactions: Clowe Me

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Does Rice represent SF or work for them at all? Could this be considered tampering?
He represents sf as the best wr of all time. He does not work for them, though.

I'd give up next year's 1st for Brown. 3 yr/36 mil is a steal of a contract with what he can do.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
An employee of a team cannot speak about players under contract elsewhere

jerry rice is not employed by the 49ers

not a very smart move by AB though. if he's planning to force his way to SF it most likely won't end up well for him

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
jerry rice is not employed by the 49ers

not a very smart move by AB though. if he's planning to force his way to SF it most likely won't end up well for him
Yeah, the more he posts sf stuff the less likely he'll be dealt there. They aren't going to want to send him where he wants if he doesn't stop the social media stuff. He should sit down with his agent and Steelers management and find a solution.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad