Speculation: Anton Stralman's next destination and contract

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Where do you guys think Stralman goes after this season? Does he stay with Tampa (Who from the looks of it has massive cap issues), go to TOronto (Familiar and needs a defensive RHD), or somewhere else? Toronto seems most likely to get him if he doesn't sign with Tampa, however Toronto also has massive cap issues. Do you see Calgary being a possible destination for him, especially if they trade one of Brodie or Hamonic this offseason. ALthough cap space isn't a luxury for the Flames, it's not a big issue, and thus I think the Flames might be a possible destination.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Leafs won't be able to afford him unless hes willing to take a 1 year deal on the cheap. And theres no way hes doing that.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Leafs probably can't afford him. Not sure we're all that interested either. He's not as good as he used to be and Muzzin-Zaitsev is still a open-book.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
If the Flyers are unable to get Karlsson or trade for a big time D (Subban, Trouba, Spurgeon) I would expect them to have serious interest in Stralman.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
I wouldn't offer him no more than 2 million for 2 years.

That's the biggest albatross on these teams by giving declining players to much term and salary, instead of giving them lesser term and salary. That's how you manage your cap effectively.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Leafs probably can't afford him. Not sure we're all that interested either. He's not as good as he used to be and Muzzin-Zaitsev is still a open-book.

Toronto and Tampa won't be big players come July 1st. Their cap situation is coming home to roost.

Look for bargain shopping.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
I think the Ducks might be a decent landing spot. From what Ive read about him he'll go to the team that offers Term.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
If he's cheap he would fill a pretty big need for Vegas. Something like 2 yrs 3m per to replace Engelland.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
If he's cheap he would fill a pretty big need for Vegas. Something like 2 yrs 3m per to replace Engelland.

I agree with the term 2 years, however at his age and he is more like a 4 or 5 defenseman now I don't think it would be wise to offer him no more than 2 million.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad