Anton Stralman

leafaholix*

can he be considered a top notch dman prospect not in the nhl?

he's a top defenseman on his elite league (sweden) team, a top 10 defenceman in that league and i think he just turned 20 years old.

11 games, 2 goals, 4 points, +6

hdw

Jul 9, 2006
Stockholm
He has been playing good both with his team and with Tre Kronor.

Some media writers have gone so far as to call him 'the next Lidström'.

I wouldn't go that far but he'll be in NHL soon.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
i dont think he will have any problems making the leafs when he comes over. outside of mccabe, kaberle and kubina. the leafs d looks kind of thin.

leafaholix*

i dont think he will have any problems making the leafs when he comes over. outside of mccabe, kaberle and kubina. the leafs d looks kind of thin.

No it's not.

Kubina, Kaberle, McCabe are all 25:00 defencemen.

Kaberle
McCabe
Kubina
Colaiacovo (nhl player)
White (nhl player)
Bell
Kronwall (nhl player)
Harrison
Stralman
Vorobiev
Oreskovic

Askel

By the way Benning should be fired.
Apr 19, 2004
Malmö/Vancouver
Stralman will be a much better player than Kronvall IMO. Sralman is better now than Kronvall ever was in Sweden.

bfire

May 30, 2006
Toronto
www.hockeynut.com

Outside of ur top 4 you really only need depth..We have Kronwall, Bell, White, Vorobiev & Carlo Coliacavo should be a good #4 but we'll see its between him and White. Were thick on the blueline. Still got Jay Harrison too.

SChan*

Stralman will be a much better player than Kronvall IMO. Sralman is better now than Kronvall ever was in Sweden.

He is definitely better than Staffan Kronwall. Nicklas Kronwall on the other hand is another question.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
all i'm saying is that those guys aren't the toughest guys to beat for a roster spot. and having a lot of defensemen doesnt exactly mean you have good defensemen. i agree you have a lot of options, but most of the guys are young and unproven and can easily be beat for a spot in camp. and hal gill is terrible imo. and if and just if you are out of the playoff run at the deadline one of kaberle, mccabe or kubina will probably be traded. i expect him to play a big role with the marlies next season and in 08/09 he will be a top 4 D. you can disagree all you want, but only time will tell.

The Man in White

Jun 28, 2004
all i'm saying is that those guys aren't the toughest guys to beat for a roster spot. and having a lot of defensemen doesnt exactly mean you have good defensemen. i agree you have a lot of options, but most of the guys are young and unproven and can easily be beat for a spot in camp. and hal gill is terrible imo. and if and just if you are out of the playoff run at the deadline one of kaberle, mccabe or kubina will probably be traded. i expect him to play a big role with the marlies next season and in 08/09 he will be a top 4 D. you can disagree all you want, but only time will tell.

Except that Kaberle and McCabe have No-trade clauses and Kubina was just signed long-term. I doubt any of them will get traded at the deadline, even if we happen to be in last.

Oedi

Dec 18, 2005
Richmond Hill, ON
If Anton has the talent to come in next year and take a spot over all our young dmen, it is enough reason for me to be estatic. If he can replace one of Kubina, McCabe and Kaberle, i'll be in heaven and declare him the next Lidstrom/Salming. I highly doubt it though. Im more or less assuming he will be a good 2nd pairing dmen. But you never know with prospects.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
Except that Kaberle and McCabe have No-trade clauses and Kubina was just signed long-term. I doubt any of them will get traded at the deadline, even if we happen to be in last.

are you sure about this. i just looked in ehm (they are supposed to have all the contracts right) and it didnt say anything about a no-trade clause there.

Pinto

Kings of the North!
Aug 28, 2003
Port Dover, Ontario
are you sure about this. i just looked in ehm (they are supposed to have all the contracts right) and it didnt say anything about a no-trade clause there.

Not too be an *** (Although it probably sounds like I am here), but I think we would know. ;)

McCabe has a no movement clause (cant be sent down, waived, traded,) and Kaberle has a no trade clause.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

McCabe's long term + no trade is a major issue with a lot of Toronto fans, and Kaberle's cheap + long term + no trade is something we celebrate. EHM has got it wrong.

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
Dont forget Gill despite what people may want he is a leaf for 3 years with his contract and he's actually played quite well so far. So 4 spots on the leafs defense are taken until the 09-10 season with

Kaberle-McCabe
XXXXX-Kubina
Gill ---- XXXXX

With a number of NHL or near NHL ready guys fighting for the 4, 6 and 7 spots. (Colaiacovo, White, Stralman, Kronwall, Bell, Vorobiev, Harrison)

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
Not too be an *** (Although it probably sounds like I am here), but I think we would know. ;)

McCabe has a no movement clause (cant be sent down, waived, traded,) and Kaberle has a no trade clause.

i know that you guys know what you are talking about. i just wanted to be sure this was the case.:)

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Dont forget Gill despite what people may want he is a leaf for 3 years with his contract and he's actually played quite well so far. So 4 spots on the leafs defense are taken until the 09-10 season with

Kaberle-McCabe
XXXXX-Kubina
Gill ---- XXXXX

With a number of NHL or near NHL ready guys fighting for the 4, 6 and 7 spots. (Colaiacovo, White, Stralman, Kronwall, Bell, Vorobiev, Harrison)

Gill hasn't played that well. He is so vulnerable against smallish and fast opponents he can't get a piece of. I shudder to think what might happen to him against the Sabres in our upcoming games.

Geese_Howard*

Gill hasn't played that well. He is so vulnerable against smallish and fast opponents he can't get a piece of. I shudder to think what might happen to him against the Sabres in our upcoming games.

oh come now, gill has had 1 or 2 bad games... and why is that? cause he's playing close to 25+ minutes rather then the usual 15-20 minutes he usually plays. The last couple of games our entire D has looked horrid, harrison has been the worst, followed closely by white and gill, then again, all of them are #5-6 dman but have been trusted into #3-4 roles with Kubina, Coliacovo and Kronwall out.

The Man in White

Jun 28, 2004

As much as I love EHM (I just played it last night) and as much as they are dedicated to their rosters, sometimes it isn't the best place to go for player info. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->