Player Discussion: Anton Stralman

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Like 85 percent on this board for the last two years refused to want to fire cooper. Now there all on board almost now. They should have fired cooper after this playoff result!
A lot has happened in the past two years. A lot has happened from now since December, as your previous post says. You cant just say everyone was wrong. You might as well say, "he should have been fired the day we hired him!" If you're gonna move the goalposts like that.

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida
Like 85 percent on this board for the last two years refused to want to fire cooper. Now there all on board almost now. They should have fired cooper after this playoff result!

Who exactly is out there that is better? Yes he should have been shit canned after the first round exit but again who is out there that is better?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
There's a difference between wishing Cooper was gone and thinking it's realistic. He's always had just enough success to keep himself out of the hot seat until now. It's saying something that he's in the hot seat after tying an NHL record in an era when records aren't supposed to be tied. It's pretty much impossible to fire him after that, regardless of the playoff failure, but the playoff failure was massive enough that it made it possible to fire him this coming year. I think this is the first time Cooper has ever really been "coaching for his job" since being hired.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Stral in Swedish means beam.

So Stralman means beam-man.

Stralmans ancestors cut down trees to make ships and houses

Hed in Swedish means heath...which is kind of like a moor or open swampy land.

So Hedman means heath-man

Hedmans ancestors lived in swamps

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Poor Stralman got dealt the Sundin treatment with age. I only really just started looking at his photos through the years and it is almost hard to believe it's the same man

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Stral in Swedish means beam.

So Stralman means beam-man.

Stralmans ancestors cut down trees to make ships and houses

Hed in Swedish means heath...which is kind of like a moor or open swampy land.

So Hedman means heath-man

Hedmans ancestors lived in swamps
I've heard Finns were viewed by other Scandinavians as "forest witches."

Reactions: Rschmitz

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Thank you Stralman for the memories. Sorry we couldn't win a cup for you. Now we have got ride of all the ex-rangers players except McD. They could not do it in NYC and they did not do it here. I see no faults in BB for clearing everyone but McD. McD's contract doesn't look that bad now compared to Hayes and Myers.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Dude, we get it. Cooper sucks. OK. It doesn’t need to be repeated in every thread.
Cooper gets outcoached because he cannot make an adjustment during a game or series. He sticks to his plan and hope it finally works. I am not a huge fan of him either, but we are stuck with him. Getting rid of the majority of the Rangers core that could not get in done in NYC or Tampa is a good thing. Now we need to add some big bodied forwards in the bottom 6.

hagg18

Dec 8, 2007
I don’t think Stralman ever was part of JBB’s plans. He was Yzerman’s signing. I’m afriad this one will comes back and bite Tampa, just the way it did with Rangers when he left them.

He will be greatly missed when Serg makes his turnovers so Tampa won’t be able to leave their d-zone and when Coburn and Schenn plays the board, just to find out that their’s no one their who can win the battle for the puck in the neutral zone.

BeingTheThunder

Jul 9, 2018
www.beingthethunder.com
Thanks for the memories but later Strals. Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya. You are now a member of the stinking Panthers and that overcomes the warm memories I have of you on our squad.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I don’t think Stralman ever was part of JBB’s plans. He was Yzerman’s signing. I’m afriad this one will comes back and bite Tampa, just the way it did with Rangers when he left them.

He will be greatly missed when Serg makes his turnovers so Tampa won’t be able to leave their d-zone and when Coburn and Schenn plays the board, just to find out that their’s no one their who can win the battle for the puck in the neutral zone.

If he is healthy he will be a good pick up for them. We just couldnt take that gamble. Also not to mention that FL was offering him 5 mil a year when his total play the last year and half hasnt necessarily been worth that for us in the predicament we are currently in. Its a good gamble for them, one we just couldnt make right now.

Reactions: LightningStrikes

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009

Can't take the gamble on him staying healthy while paying him $5M+ per season (which we don't have cap space for anyway).

Last edited:

waterboy65

Jul 7, 2017
Stralman is not worth $5 mil a year to the Bolts due to his health issues and what is likely to be continued fall off in his game due to age. I really like Strals the person and wish him the best except when he plays the Bolts.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

hagg18

Dec 8, 2007
Can't take the gamble on him staying healthy while paying $5M+ him per season (which we don't have cap space for anyway).

True! But I’m quite positive that he would have taken less money to stay in Tampa. I’m also positive that he’ll bounce back when he’s healthy, just like Mac did this season. He played really well to the injury.

Tampa will also have even bigger capissues next summer. To give Stralman a cheap contract over 2-3 years, this summer and try to trade killorn or johnson, and trade serg next summer. I can’t see how you can keep all players next summer with not much more in capspace and several big raises coming up (cernak, serg, cirelli and vasy).

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
True! But I’m quite positive that he would have taken less money to stay in Tampa. I’m also positive that he’ll bounce back when he’s healthy, just like Mac did this season. He played really well to the injury.

Tampa will also have even bigger capissues next summer. To give Stralman a cheap contract over 2-3 years, this summer and try to trade killorn or johnson, and trade serg next summer. I can’t see how you can keep all players next summer with not much more in capspace and several big raises coming up (cernak, serg, cirelli and vasy).

Exactly why Stralman couldnt be brought back. I thought I saw a tweet where it sounded like we didnt really even reach out to him to come back. I think it has far more to do with we just dont have the money and he could get bigger money elsewhere than it was about us not wanting him back. Sometimes things just dont click. Thats what it feels like for Stralman. Would have loved to bring him back, not at the expense of other upcoming players we have to re-sign soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->