Player Discussion Anton Slepyshev back to the nhl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I fail to see how it's the players fault. If they are to be paid X amount each month, it's not the players fault when the dollar changes. They're still owed that amount the following month. Our dollar dropped a fair bit the last couple years, so should your employer go to you, and say they're not going to pay you next year?

McGlassbangers

Jul 13, 2009
McFinland
His KHL team's GM:

— Слепышев остается или уезжает в НХЛ?

— Мы сделали ему предложение, решение за ним. На данный момент Антон настроен на отъезд. Возможно, он уже подписал контракт с «Эдмонтоном». Правильное ли это решение? С моей точки зрения, ему лучше было бы уехать через год. Слепышев совершенно реально претендовал бы в следующем сезоне на 1–2 звено в «Салавате Юлаеве». Это очень серьезная практика. Сейчас он не попал в сборную, а на следующий год у него был бы очень хороший шанс. Я бы очень хотел, чтобы он остался. Но игроки руководствуются своими соображениями.

via Google Translate:

- Slepyshev remains or goes to the NHL?

- We made him an offer, the decision for him. Currently Anton is configured to departure. Perhaps he has already signed a contract with "Edmonton". Is this the correct decision? From my point of view, it would be better to go through the year. Slepyshev quite realistically be claimed in the following season 1-2 on the link in the "Salavat Yulaev". This is a very serious practice. Now he did not get into the national team, and the next year he would have a very good chance. I would really like him to stay. But the players are guided by their views.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Maybe a third line of
Slepy - Lander - Yak

he needs one maybe two years on the farm. I think he will be good..

as for my previous post about money--let me be more clearer.

The KHL Russian players I talked to are full of the Russian propaganda and were trying to convince me that a player making 500k in the nhl might only be taking home 40k a year and they were tring to convince me that all khl players are taking home all their salery

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
he needs one maybe two years on the farm. I think he will be good..

as for my previous post about money--let me be more clearer.

The KHL Russian players I talked to are full of the Russian propaganda and were trying to convince me that a player making 500k in the nhl might only be taking home 40k a year and they were tring to convince me that all khl players are taking home all their salery

So essentially the last post means nothing.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
So essentially the last post means nothing.

khl is friggen weird and getting straight answers is like pulling teeth sometimes. When talking with the Russians in Egypt (Russians love the red sea) they players talked like some nhl players were on welfare or something and that all players in the K make a lot more money.

I am sticken to what I have been saying for a month or so--the kid is coming.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Russia is the bizarro world.

The propaganda is still going cold war strong

BleedingOil

Dec 4, 2006
Edmonton
Google Translate is hilarious for one, and second, it's a specially kind of trying to manipulate the **** out of some kid with this statement from the GM.

He needs to come to NA, succeed and tell this guy to **** it.

What do you expect him to say? please leave my team Edmonton is calling...come on

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I actually think this kid's got the goods. Those kind of numbers at his age in the KHL are nothing to sneeze at and he's got the size to be a force if he wants to be.

I see him as heir apparent to 2LW.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
According to tass.ru, Slepyshev has signed a 3-year ELC with the Oilers.

http://tass.ru/sport/1998674

Good news. Really never know what you have with these guys from Europe and how willing they really are to go to the AHL if needed, but it's nice to see guys that aren't 1st rounders trending well.

Wasn't MacT directly responsible for Slepyshev and Yakimov? Maybe his calling is to scout young players in Russia:laugh:

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Great news, he's been developing nicely, from all accounts, lets hope it continues now that he's, likely, on his way to North America.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Good news. I was extremely impressed with him at the WJC, moreso than Yakimov. Good 2 way game and aggressive, not afraid to mix it up physically.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Ryan Rishaug ‏@TSNRyanRishaug 11m11 minutes ago

At this point nothing official between Oil and Slepyshev but it seems very likely. 2 sides been talking 4 some time now. Would be 3 yr 2wy

that could mean they simply haven't officially announced it

great signing, Oilers are desperate for RH shooters and need wingers badly...hopefully he comes into camp and shows good and has a great year in Bakersfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->