Prospect Info: Anton Lundell (2020, #12 overall), HIFK (Liiga) - signed ELC 6/7/2021

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Verhaeghe Barkov Duclair
Huberdeau Bennett Tippett
Denisenko Lundell Hornqvist
Marchment Acciari Lomberg

That is what I project our lineup will be next season. Dont mistake it for what I want though cause this aint it.

*purposefully omitting Vatrano over whispers he is an expansion casualty =(

Personally, I would love it if Denisenko played up with Barkov and one of Verhaeghe or Duclair played with Lundell.

Reactions: tellermine

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Florida Panthers Agree to Terms with Forward Anton Lundell

giphy.gif

Para

Sep 18, 2018
Hamburg
Sorry to say that, but:
Gary B. please send the Stanley Cup 2021/2022 directly to 1 Panther Pkwy, Sunrise, FL 3332. :win:
Next season is done. :sarcasm:

I am on the LundellHypetrain *choochoo

Reactions: Dutch Panther

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Hopefully Barkov takes him under his wing already this summer for training.
All Zito has to say. If you want to become a NHL start just listen and follow what Barky does

Reactions: Mestaruus

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
He had a higher PPG than Barkov his last season in Finland (a year older though)

Barkov
Bennett
Lundell
Acciari

Looks great down the middle

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
devil's advocate. would be develop better playing line 1 minutes in the ahl for the first half of season or full season. if he gets stuck with line 3 mins with line 3 wingers will we screw up his dev

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
devil's advocate. would be develop better playing line 1 minutes in the ahl for the first half of season or full season. if he gets stuck with line 3 mins with line 3 wingers will we screw up his dev
Zito knows what he’s doing. Finns rarely do AHL and he’s about as ready of a player as you will see. I think starting on the third line with PP time will be just fine for him.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
He had a higher PPG than Barkov his last season in Finland (a year older though)

Barkov
Bennett
Lundell
Acciari

Closer to two years with Lundell being from the '01 group and staying a season longer.

Still it's a great accomplishment, Lundell is probably the most well rounded prospect since Barkov to come from Liiga (note: not saying he's going to put up huge points straight away, but we certainly don't need to shelter him, basically what Barkov did his first couple years). You rarely see kids wearing A or C in that league as well, speaks volumes about his leadership qualities.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
If it's better for his development, keep him there. No need to rush him.

He's too good for Liiga. No point for him to be there anymore. There's a risk that his development could stall there. He needs to be in Florida Panthers playing and not in the AHL. He will be a star player.

I may be a biased Finnish guy, but look at him. Anytime when he has gone up in level of competition he has answered to the challenge and we saw in that U20 tournament that NA small ice isn't a problem for him either. In hindsight he should've been a top-5 guy in the draft if not better.

Thomas Colavecchio

Mar 24, 2019

Barkov
Bennett
Lundell
Acciari

What are the thoughts about Acciari?

Personally, I love how he plays, and I think he's a very valuable asset in his correct role ( L 4 C or W / PK). I'm hoping to see him stay, but feel he could be a casualty to either the expansion draft, or he may become too expensive against the CAP with less expensive options (Lousto /Lammikko) for his role.

Same basic issues with Wennberg resigning, who I thought as the season unfolded became an important contributor. Both being back would enhance the strength down the middle you reference, and allow for a lot less pressure on Lundell in his first year.

A very good problem to have... to many good players for the roster spots available...a couple of the many very interesting decisions for Mr. Z this off-season. Thoughts?

drktmplr12

Feb 28, 2018
Florida
acciari, while not a role player, needs to stay. will never forget when he blocked 3 shots in a row on a 5v3. efforts like that turn momentum. all clubs need players like him.

not sure how the cards fall in expansion or who our most likely sacrifice is

Reactions: Vilam

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002
acciari, while not a role player, needs to stay. will never forget when he blocked 3 shots in a row on a 5v3. efforts like that turn momentum. all clubs need players like him.

not sure how the cards fall in expansion or who our most likely sacrifice is
There is a risk that those inspirational efforts are a bit pyrrhic. He blocks a lot of shots on the PK but he also allows more goals, possibly because he doesn't play the passing lanes as well as some others. I love the toughness and sacrifice that he brings to the team, but maybe not as one of the main penalty killers. I like him more as a 5v5 fourth liner with the ability to produce in short bursts on the top lines.

drktmplr12

Feb 28, 2018
Florida
There is a risk that those inspirational efforts are a bit pyrrhic. He blocks a lot of shots on the PK but he also allows more goals, possibly because he doesn't play the passing lanes as well as some others. I love the toughness and sacrifice that he brings to the team, but maybe not as one of the main penalty killers. I like him more as a 5v5 fourth liner with the ability to produce in short bursts on the top lines.
very fair points

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad