Prospect Info: Anton Lundell (2020, #12 overall), HIFK (Liiga) - signed ELC 6/7/2021

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Excited for Lundell. Top-5 center in the league (and countryman) as a mentor, and hopefully plays in the same line with Huberdeau, one of the best wingers in the league.

It also helps a lot that there's a finnish mafia in Florida, makes transition from Liiga to NHL a lot easier (outside of rink). Barkov, Luostarinen, Nuti and Lammikko can take him under their wings.
With so many Finns, we would have the quietest dressing room in the league - only party boy Yandle disturbing

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
You’re asking the wrong question!

The right question is: did covid survive Lundell?
I was about to add: falling numbers in the U and rising vaccination: follows Covid’s failed attack against the Lundell! Thank you AL15GOAT

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Anton Lundell is recovered of his Covid19 infection and is back HIFK's active liiga roster.
Yesterday ( Thursday 21st April ) Anton scored his first career playoff goal in SM liiga quarterfinals.

HIFK defeated Oulun Karpat 2-5
and advanced to liiga semifinals by winning quarterfinal series vs Karpat 3-0.

Reactions: floridada and CLW

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
HIFK's season 2020-2021 ended yesterday when HIFK defeated Tappara 7-1 in SM liiga bronze game.
Lundell got 2 assists on that game but bigger picture he was disappointment in liiga playoffs.
3 points in 8 playoff games is not enough of your TOP6 center.

What i watched Lundell's playing in liiga playoffs he didn't look like NHL player at all.
He wasn't even one of the best scorers in HIFK during the playoffs so if Lundell
wants to get ice time in NHL next season he needs to be better pro and better player.

Lundell is not yet NHL ready in my opinion so one extra season in HIFK would be best.
HIFK is facing changes for season 2021-2022 in their coaching staff
when former Florida Panthers winger Ville Peltonen is taking coaching responsibility in HIFK.

Peltonen if any liiga coach would be good to help Lundell reach his full potential.
But i understand that GM Bill Zito has his own plans for Lundell.

Lundell can play 9 games in NHL without burning 1st year of his ELC contract.
One more thing there is not yet any updates on that
will Lundell join Team Finland's IIHF worlds training camp.
So lets wait and see what's going to happen.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
HIFK's season 2020-2021 ended yesterday when HIFK defeated Tappara 7-1 in SM liiga bronze game.
Lundell got 2 assists on that game but bigger picture he was disappointment in liiga playoffs.

What i watched Lundell's playing in liiga playoffs he didn't look like NHL player at all.
He wasn't even one of the best scorers in HIFK during the playoffs so if Lundell
wants to get ice time in NHL next season he needs to be better pro and better player.

Lundell is not yet NHL ready in my opinion so one extra season in HIFK would be best.
when former Florida Panthers winger Ville Peltonen is taking coaching responsibility in HIFK.

Peltonen if any liiga coach would be good to help Lundell reach his full potential.

Did you know that he was playing at a super level before one of the tournaments he went to and got COVID? Since then, he’s had a long road to recovery. Point being, it’s possible (likely) that you didn’t see the real Anton in the playoffs.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011

Overall I think you're being too harsh on him, Lundell had a great season up until the return from WJC. Injury and covid (or covid protocol, which ever he was in) affected him in the second half.

Zero chance he isn't at the Panthers camp and they just decide to leave with HIFK for another year.

DrMom9900

Nov 2, 2011

Fla Finn fans shook after this evaluation

Reactions: Chino Oscar

Mase

Cousins.....kind of a c**t
Aug 6, 2010
Holding the blue
Bit weird of a comment considering Lundell was dominant before Covid. It’s not entirely shocking he didn’t look that great. I’ll take the larger sample size over his poor playoffs after a 2 month+ hiatus.

Yeah, I understand calling like you see it, but expecting Lundell to be "all fine and dandy" after a month-long bout with Covid is unrealistic, imo.

I've seen guys miss half the season with Mono and come back, and be a shell of themselves for another month before they get it together, and...no matter what you think of the pandemic...last time I checked mononucleosis isn't exactly along the same scale of seriousness.

I'm sure he didn't impress as much as he might, but he's ok, and...hopefully...there are no long-term effects. Give him the off season, and he will be just fine.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Overreacting much?

His 2nd half of the season was ruined by Covid protocols, he missed basically 2 months straight because of it.

These playoffs tell you nothing about his next years chances at making the club, we are 6 months and 1 long offseason away

Reactions: Mase

VijayPatel11

Mar 29, 2021
Sarasota, FL
Bit weird of a comment considering Lundell was dominant before Covid. It’s not entirely shocking he didn’t look that great. I’ll take the larger sample size over his poor playoffs after a 2 month+ hiatus.
Yeah lmao... He was possibly the best player in Liiga before that stupid international trip which ended in covid
We know that he can be a top player, he is just out of his element rn
Once he gets back on his game he should be top 9/top 6 nhl player

avenger

Mar 2, 2021
Yeah lmao... He was possibly the best player in Liiga before that stupid international trip which ended in covid
We know that he can be a top player, he is just out of his element rn
Once he gets back on his game he should be top 9/top 6 nhl player

we are waiting!

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Least we know NCAA > NHL > AHL > NHL > AHL > LIIGA is a great way to kill a career. We got a pretty solid team going into next season. Yeah everyone wants to see him in a Panthers uniform, but we have the luxury of developing him. Probably needs time, especially since we don't know the long term effects COVID has on a guy's fitness.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Least we know NCAA > NHL > AHL > NHL > AHL > LIIGA is a great way to kill a career. We got a pretty solid team going into next season. Yeah everyone wants to see him in a Panthers uniform, but we have the luxury of developing him. Probably needs time, especially since we don't know the long term effects COVID has on a guy's fitness.
He’s not going to the AHL. The only way he’s not on the team next year is if he’s in liiga.

Last edited:
Reactions: RogerRoger

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad