Prospect Info: Anton Lundell (2020, #12 overall), HIFK (Liiga) - signed ELC 6/7/2021

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
IMO Weegar wins easily.

IIRC, wasn't he the second last pick of his draft?

6th last pick of the draft

Yes we even traded up with MON iirc to draft Weegs, big reason I think he's been loyal to FLA.
I remember him saying he was happy a team made a trade in the 7th round to get him, made him feel like a 1st round pick.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
completely feasible: he has shown massive improvement each year and this year has big offensively: I see a world where he comes on much faster in the NHL and peaks as the 90PT center Barky is. Is it guaranteed? Far from it and most likely he won’t, but I see an upper level in this kid that we haven’t had in a prospect since Ek

Barky has all the skills and tools but lacks the killer instinct AL15 has.

Someone been into the egg nog heavy this Thanksgiving weekend?
I'd be ecstatic if Lundell can become a consistent 60-65pt 2C.
I like that he's a more selfish version of Barkov offensively.
Barkov seems more the natural passer and Lundell wants to be the finisher on his line.

Reactions: 16Skippy

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Someone been into the egg nog heavy this Thanksgiving weekend?
I'd be ecstatic if Lundell can become a consistent 60-65pt 2C.
I like that he's a more selfish version of Barkov offensively.
Barkov seems more the natural passer and Lundell wants to be the finisher on his line.
Eh December reasoning ;) I stand by it:
  • Lundell is having the best D+1 season not in the NHL of any draft pick in history
  • This new level of offensive implies he could have an above point per game ceiling
  • His willingness to shoot and show excitement shows another level that Barky is missing

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
  • Lundell is having the best D+1 season not in the NHL of any draft pick in history
  • This new level of offensive implies he could have an above point per game ceiling
  • His willingness to shoot and show excitement shows another level that Barky is missing

Is the final point written in invisible font? :D
90pts is hard to attain though.
If Lundell is to become one, Barkov may not be here long term then?
Unless we have a potential duo, capable of both being PPG players for a 5-6 year window?
A Crosby - Malkin lite?

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Is the final point written in invisible font? :D
90pts is hard to attain though.
If Lundell is to become one, Barkov may not be here long term then?
Unless we have a potential duo, capable of both being PPG players for a 5-6 year window?
A Crosby - Malkin lite?
More like Barkov-Gretzky

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
More like Barkov-Gretzky

That's enough nog for one night my friend, take a nap and come back fresh in the morning

tenor-21.gif

Reactions: TimHortons

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC

This new level of offensive implies he’s doing great and it’s good to see. He obviously took a next step this season.

But we have to keep in mind that he’s doing it in a league that is 3 or 4 tier below NHL level.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
So excited to see him showcase his skills in this years WJC-20´s. Interesting to see if he can carry a whole team on his shoulders because the finns have decent depth this year but that elite talent will lie on Lundells shoulders.
This guy has already won the WJC-18´S & WJC-20´s two years ago and is tearing it up with men. Could be a future steal as a 15th pick.

1OApick

Jun 29, 2016
Lundell has played 20 games in Liigaa. Lets not retire his jersey yet
He has played 110 games at liiga playoffs included. That is pretty amazing accomplisment as 19 year old player. He is top5 player in the liiga at the moment.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Yeah, place a teenager in the lineup, what could possibly go wrong
See Crosby 2005/McDavid 2015.

Lundell is, in my unbiased and only rational opinion, our best option on the second line and has shown he has out grown the European leagues

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006

Lundell is, in my unbiased and only rational opinion, our best option on the second line and has shown he has out grown the European leagues

Lol ok... Unless you're actually joking I don't think I can take you seriously anymore regarding Lundell

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida

Yeah, they took off because they're generational talents. Lundell isn't. Please remove blinders

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
And who are the top 4?

probably 4 complete unknown players that will never play in the NHL.
To be serious: we need to consider age. Being top 5 in a European league is impressive but doesn’t translate well. Controlling for age (super young) and size (NHL size), it’s super impressive that he can do this especially given the Covid circumstances: he put up 6 points with most of his team sick and the Liiga is probably benefiting substantially from several top prospects/NHLers playing (In a usual season, the other top 3 goal scorers would be in NA) Even more exciting is the change from last season—we were told that Lundell was middling offensively then he exploded.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad