Injury Report: Anton Lander

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Took a (J) Schultz shot off the ankle and left the game early in the frame; was seen being taken to the x-ray room and was on crutches.

So... Time to get Connolly, eh?

EDIT: Will update when we have some updates on his injury status.

From the Twitterverse:
-Edmonton Oilers-
"Looks like a bad bone bruise" Coach Krueger on Anton Lander (foot) who left the game in the 1st period after blocking a shot
-Gene Principe-
Anton Lander had x-rays. Too much swelling to get skate back on. Looks like deep bone bruise and nothing broken. Ralph Krueger

Will update when there is a definitive timetable for his return - but in the mean and between time, hope you get better soon, Lander!

EDIT: Out 4-6 weeks, broken foot. This team needs more of these.
Dan Tencer ‏@dantencer
MRI confirms a broken foot for Anton Lander. 4 weeks minimum.

Last edited:

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Tough luck for Lander... hopefully he sits out and heals up well and is better soon. Bad luck for the Oilers... injuries always seem to come in bunches for them.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :(

How was Lander before the injury? Good? Great? Awesome?

He had looked really good, but it's unfair to judge him after he played for maybe 2 minutes this game and got himself broken up on the play. By all accounts, it's not as bad as it looked like, which, as an Oilers fan, is more than we can hope for.

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005

I thought he was good. He played with Paajarvi and Hartikainen, who are both playing very well right now.

He was responsible, for the most part. He killed penalties. He had a few offensive chances, but couldn't bury them. Still needs to work on faceoffs.

Overall, he didn't look out of place. He had some chemistry with Paajarvi and Hartikainen.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005

Lander was good minus his faceoff % .. He will be a NHL\AHL tweener unless he can bring up his faceoff wins close to 50%.. If he does he'll have a long NHL career ahead of him..

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab
He had looked really good, but it's unfair to judge him after he played for maybe 2 minutes this game and got himself broken up on the play. By all accounts, it's not as bad as it looked like, which, as an Oilers fan, is more than we can hope for.

Yeah, I think it was swelling that became a problem. He got hit, hobbled for a second, almost scored. Went off, came out for another shift, and then hobbled off.

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
unless its Petrell...that mans made of steel!

Seriously... that dude's crazy. He doesn't face the puck like most guys do so as to catch the shot on the toe cap or shine pads, he turns sideways and uses his ankles to cover more net. If we were to bet on guys to get injured, I would have put all my chips on him to go first.

Love the guy though. Love seeing him find success.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Seriously... that dude's crazy. He doesn't face the puck like most guys do so as to catch the shot on the toe cap or shine pads, he turns sideways and uses his ankles to cover more net. If we were to bet on guys to get injured, I would have put all my chips on him to go first.

Love the guy though. Love seeing him find success.

That's why I don't get why some people don't think we should resign him. He's like having Smid as a forward

Everlasting

Jun 5, 2010
Somwhere in time
Lander was good minus his faceoff % .. He will be a NHL\AHL tweener unless he can bring up his faceoff wins close to 50%.. If he does he'll have a long NHL career ahead of him..
Lander have more talent than everyone else here (except a few) realize. Trust me, he will have a long and great nhl career.

Thanks for the reports. Hopefully he will be back and kick some ass soon! :handclap:

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Lander have more talent than everyone else here (except a few) realize. Trust me, he will have a long and great nhl career.

Thanks for the reports. Hopefully he will be back and kick some ass soon! :handclap:

Lander's an interesting player. you can see the skillset but just glimpses at this level due to the outright speed of the NHL game. He's a bit of an enigma here and I want to see what things look like for him with more time and experience here and which should allow him to catchup with the pace.

What I like is he's game, willing to do anything, and listening. He's grown some niches in his game and usefullness here which buys him some minutes. Loved the quickstrike pinch and feed to Smyth for the shorthanded goal. That was a great play.

Everlasting

Jun 5, 2010
Somwhere in time
Lander's an interesting player. you can see the skillset but just glimpses at this level due to the outright speed of the NHL game. He's a bit of an enigma here and I want to see what things look like for him with more time and experience here and which should allow him to catchup with the pace.

What I like is he's game, willing to do anything, and listening. He's grown some niches in his game and usefullness here which buys him some minutes. Loved the quickstrike pinch and feed to Smyth for the shorthanded goal. That was a great play.
You should have seen Lander in his last season with Timrå. The entire team fell into a slump the last couple of games, except for Lander. He carried the team on his shoulder and did what no one else did. He was just outstanding and in the last game, he secured the playoff spot by being involved in both the goals, in the 2 - 1 victory. They made the playoffs with 1 point. He was just incredible and i have not seen him that good in the oilers yet.

But once he adjust to the NHL, you will see that his greatness. However, i am a feeling that for Lander to do that, he cannot just be the 3th/4th guy who gets extra minutes on the PK. He need to get some time in the 1st or seond line. When he got that room in Timrå, he showed offensive skills too. Espacilly the skating, sometimes he just blasted through the opponents with explosive speed, that is a weapon i have never seen him use in Oilers :/

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->