Recalled/Assigned: Anton Lander Assigned to OKC [11/2/13]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
@EdmontonOilers
#Oilers recall Anton Lander (@Landie51) from @OKCBarons. pic.twitter.com/haxdyzOt6s

what's the over under on lander dressing up as a bowl of potato salad?

4e069d1562b02022e61e016360becebf.jpg

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012
I'm happy for him. I thought he showed well in his one game. Maybe one of the wingers on a possible decent checking line with Gordon.

Last edited:

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Hahahahahaha.

Hahahahahahahahahaha...

Oh.. man. Hahahaha.

It's like there's a "recall/send down" button under MacTavish's desk, and he keeps bumping it with his knee.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
How long do we have to suffer through Acton as 4C when we could at least give Lander a large cup of coffee?

Not like he'll ruin the season for us and he's dominating in the AHL.

phaedrusDH

Jul 6, 2009
he's dominating in the AHL.

is he? i mean, i see the stat line and it looks good, but is his play that much better than other guys in the A? just wondering if someone that has watched his play could chime in, if you haven't.

i agree with your premise. Lander has potential, Acton has reach his, why not give Lander more time in the big league at this point?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
How long do we have to suffer through Acton as 4C when we could at least give Lander a large cup of coffee?

Not like he'll ruin the season for us and he's dominating in the AHL.

I don't think it will matter too much to be honest, but I'd give him a shot so at the very least we can see how he's progressed and show what he needs to work on still.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
This was a strange bump ..
I would prefer Horak over Lander as a call up at this point... Not sure we will see much from either since they'll be replacing Acton and playing 5min\night

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
This was a strange bump ..
I would prefer Horak over Lander as a call up at this point... Not sure we will see much from either since they'll be replacing Acton and playing 5min\night

Ehhhh you get crap when you bump old threads, you get crap when you start a new thread for a player who already has existing threads.

Do we have *official* threads for each player? Might help with the repetition.

Okay, I haven't watched OKC games this year, but I'm going by the stat lines, and what guys like Jonathan Willis are saying.

Especially with Lander starting to put up points ,that was always the main thing that concerned me.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Especially with Lander starting to put up points ,that was always the main thing that concerned me.

We don't need the points. We need someone to come up and play a good defensive and physical role. Offense is just a bonus out of a 4th liner.

misfit

5-14-6-1
Feb 2, 2004
just north of...everything
I think we need to stop worrying about which of our 4th liners are there to make up our 4th line. This team isn't winning and losing games on the strength (or lack thereof) of their 4th line and the 5-9 minutes they're on the ice.

If we want to see real improvements and tangible results, focus needs to be put a little higher up in the batting order.

Rapid development from Yakupov, Gordon's return, the presence of an actual top pairing defenseman, someone between the pipes who can make the odd save from time to time...those are the kinds of things this team needs. Acton over Lander, or Lander over Acton does nothing to change the fortunes of the Oilers.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
I think we need to stop worrying about which of our 4th liners are there to make up our 4th line. This team isn't winning and losing games on the strength (or lack thereof) of their 4th line and the 5-9 minutes they're on the ice.

If we want to see real improvements and tangible results, focus needs to be put a little higher up in the batting order.

Absolutely. But to me, Acton is a black hole and why not find a way to improve the 4th line?

Top to bottom the roster needs improvement.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

Rapid development from Yakupov, Gordon's return, the presence of an actual top pairing defenseman, someone between the pipes who can make the odd save from time to time...those are the kinds of things this team needs. Acton over Lander, or Lander over Acton does nothing to change the fortunes of the Oilers.
I agree.
Absolutely. But to me, Acton is a black hole and why not find a way to improve the 4th line?

Top to bottom the roster needs improvement.
Anyone who is going to be on that 4th line is going to be a black hole, especially with no Gordon in the lineup. Not opposed to fixing it, but I'd be looking at something bigger. Like a 3rd line center that can play wing.

BleedingOil

Dec 4, 2006
Edmonton
Landers finally developing and you want him on our 4th line getting maybe 10 minutes a night? Give your head a shake.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Landers finally developing and you want him on our 4th line getting maybe 10 minutes a night? Give your head a shake.

At best he's going to get 14 minutes a night in the NHL, he will have to start on the 4th line eventually.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Is Lander winning faceoffs yet? Until he does he should stay in AHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad