Recalled/Assigned: Anton Lander Assigned to OKC [11/2/13]

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDreamy

Losing credibility
Feb 25, 2009
Wasn't he made captain because Nelson wanted a guy that would be down there all year?

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
So looks like Omark will be the last forward on OKC... another dozen injuries and Omark may finally get his shot... just after they call up and play Bunz on the wing.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Oilers twitter confirms Anton Lander has been recalled.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I hope that he shows better than he did in the preseason. I was very unimpressed with him in the preseason especially with the 4th line center job up for grabs.

NAF

Beauty Fakes
Sep 30, 2010
I'm a Lander fan, had him as my avatar for years, but he's a center and they needed to call up a winger. Omark is a winger who can play either wing and is the leading scorer on that team. If not for him there'd be no offence at all on that club. If Omark isn't given a chance now, then it's pretty clear he won't get a call up all year. That's pretty damn harsh.

That said, I do get the thinking. This team needs defensively responsible players, which Lander is. Hope we see him on the PK.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
:laugh: This podunk hockey team....

He's been the captain in OKC for six days.

I'm thinking he's on the big squad for the rest of the season to be honest. I'm not sure how many more games he's got until his waiver eligibility kicks in, but he's done a pretty good job of impressing his coaches when he's been here.

Hopefully he can just stay healthy though.

*knocks on wood*

Last edited:

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Not a bad game last night.. took 30 shifts.. 3 hits.. 14:07TOI with some PK time.
1-3 on the draw. no points - even on the night.

Eakins pretty much rolled 3 lines and Lander was one of the top 9.

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012
I liked Landers game yesterday for the most part. His defensive awareness and pk abilities are a much needed ingredient on this team. It looks like he may have figured things out a bit. He was noticeably grittier along the boards and threw a few solid hits. I guess you could say he has increased his "compete". Lets hope it wasn't a one time thing and he can keep it going.

Oct 30, 2011
I liked Landers game yesterday for the most part. His defensive awareness and pk abilities are a much needed ingredient on this team. It looks like he may have figured things out a bit. He was noticeably grittier along the boards and threw a few solid hits. I guess you could say he has increased his "compete". Lets hope it wasn't a one time thing and he can keep it going.

He'll probably be in for at least one more game, barring a return from Smyth or Gagner.

edit: yep

I hope he does well with his leadership role in OKC. He plays a grittier game now, and I hope we get to see more of it down the road.

Last edited:

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Edmonton Oilers ‏@EdmontonOilers 4m
#Oilers assign forward Anton Lander to @OKCBarons.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
@EdmontonOilers
#Oilers recall Anton Lander (@Landie51) from @OKCBarons. pic.twitter.com/haxdyzOt6s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->