Speculation: Anton Khudobin

Linds

Makalder
Jun 20, 2016
Canada
Would be a big mistake to whoever signs him to more than a 1 yr back up deal. Vegas made him look like fools gold with the majority of their shots coming from the outside and low danger areas

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Would be a big mistake to whoever signs him to more than a 1 yr back up deal. Vegas made him look like fools gold with the majority of their shots coming from the outside and low danger areas
Considering his age, it’s very unlikely he will get a deal for more than two years

Reactions: Morrison

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
I'd take him in Vancouver for sure at the right price and right situation. He's a solid goalie.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Not to take away from the job he's done in Bishop's absence but he's a career backup that is in his mid-30s. Is he looked at as a short term upgrade for a contender? Debatable.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
I'd take him in Calgary to tandem with Rittich on a short term deal if he's not too expensive

Not my first choice, but would look at that option before trading for a goalie

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
He’s been my backup want after Georgiev for Edmonton as we simply can’t get in on the marquee guys like Holtby, Markstrom, Murray, Crawford, etc

Accelleratii

Jul 25, 2010
Pennsylvania
Gotta figure Dallas will try to retain him. Bishop is never healthy so it doesn't matter how good he is if he isn't starting. Khudobin is showing he is very capable when he has the right system in front of him and the team is buying in - kinda like any goalie!

Reactions: DarthProbert

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
I suspect he signs with Dallas, maybe for a bit more and for longer than they ought to commit, but he's earned that cheddar.

The Capitals are looking for someone just like him, if he hits the market. They want to continue developing Samsonov and need a veteran to platoon with him for a year or so and provide a safety net. Vanacek and Copley are alright, but they want a veteran in that role. He's made to order for them, but I think he remains a Star.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I was hoping the Habs would wait and then sign him to a cheap contract as a backup. Now, I expect he will get an overpayment with term. Kinda glad MB traded for Allen now.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
He will get a decent contract from some team,my guess would be 4 mil for 3 seasons...As GM,s tend to look at recent bodies of work,rather than the big picture

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
he has 100% extended his NHL career another 2+ years forsure. Before this playoffs started I would have assumed he would potentially be done in the NHL, but now he will get probably a 2 year deal with a raise from his current 2.5 he is making now... especially if he is a 2020 Stanley Cup Champion and wins the Conn Smythe

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
I could see him going to a team with a younger goalie looking for a 1A/B situation. Washington or Vancouver

Add Edmonton anc Cowgary to that.

He will get a decent contract from some team,my guess would be 4 mil for 3 seasons...As GM,s tend to look at recent bodies of work,rather than the big picture

As they should. Right now is all that matter in sports.

Reactions: topshelf15

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
I think he would help Seattle the most. A new team with what will be the players that were not as important as others on current NHL teams could really benefit from a good goalie.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
If Holtby leaves, Washington does sound like the perfect destination. I can see them giving him a 2 year $3m per year contract

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->