Anton Babchuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

j_chan02

Aug 13, 2003
He's just been called up to the big club. What's this guy's offensive upside and potential? I hear he's got a cannon of a shot from the blue line and is supposedly a great power-play quarterback

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
His shot is something else.... last year he shot the headgear off of a goalie. It will definetlely cause people to think twice to stop it. For a PP quaterback, he plays well in the defensive end, too. He does need to work on his shot accuracy a bit, but if he gets that down, he'll be a force. He's a borderline #1/#2 in his prime.

sveiglar

Feb 27, 2002
Who has seen him in action in his first four games? He hasn't seen much ice (~11:30 toi), but how has his positioning been? Has he handled the speed of the game? General observations on his play would be greatly appreciated.

sveiglar

Feb 27, 2002
sveiglar said:
Who has seen him in action in his first four games? He hasn't seen much ice (~11:30 toi), but how has his positioning been? Has he handled the speed of the game? General observations on his play would be greatly appreciated.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
i saw him agains the wings the other night and i think i saw him on espn the other night against colorado and to be honest he didnt lookg bad at all. He looked ok positioning wise, and he seamed like he had some good wheels...

my guess is he will be there full time next year because even though that was his 2-3 game, he looked a lot better then some defensemen for the hawks (forgot who they were)

kacz

Jul 1, 2003
www.youtube.com
Another Ukrainian born player. He really impresses me with his all round game, he'll definitly be a great force on the PP for the Hawks in the near future.

fullmetalninja

Jan 11, 2003
Chicago
Anton is still an enigma. He will play a LONG time in the NHL. He is a legit 6'5" and is not a blob on the ice- he skates pretty well. And as Teemu said, he has the best shot on the blackhawks since doug Wilson.

Here's the enigma part..... he is not real good positionally. He chases his guy too much, and in Camp would chase him all over the ice pratically. He has gotten better down in norfolk, and hopefully he'll continue to get better.

He is definately a high ceiling prospect. I don't think I'm bs'ng when I say that in 4-5 years he'll have a top 5 slapshot in the league on the point(its that good) and unlike guys like Sami Salo- he likes to shoot and looks for his shot.(salo of course has a cannon, but seems like he doesn't use it enough).

He has to get better positionally. He's nasty in front of the net and can be borderline dirty(which we like to see here let me tell ya). He has what it takes to be a stud in the NHL. *BUT* so did Boris Mironov- and he's a lump of poop.

He didn't play bad, against some real tough competition(Cal/St Louis/Col/Det). But was under 10:00/game of even str play- so we didn't get to see too much of him.

He will definately play next season with the hawks. He pretty much is pencilled in already. With his size, shot, and skating ability- he has a chance to be a top tier defencemen. That lack of hockey sense, along with a bit of a prima donna attitude means it is equally likely he's another Mironov.

Hope that helps... I've seen all of his NHL games, watched him in last years rookie camp, and this season's training camp. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

-fullmetalninja

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad