Player Discussion Antoine Roussel

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
I really like this player.

Defensively a little better than I expected.... a perfect fit along side Sutter and Virtanen.
That line will be key to locking down the games win this year...

He just has to look at a player after a whistle and they want to punch him the face.
I agree. He brings a lot of what we’ve been missing since Dorsett got hurt.
I find it funny that he gets guys riled up just by looking at them, it’s great!

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Have to agree with other posters. I've liked Roussel so far. Better motor than I thought and a guy who's aggravating to play against. Looks like he can also play and up and down the lineup in a pinch. Doesn't really make up for signings like Gagner and Del Zotto, but maybe Jimbo is starting to get the hang of this UFA thing.

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

The Poacher

Dec 30, 2010
Pitt Meadows
It’s like having another version of Jarkko Ruutu, who was a favourite of mine back in the day.

He has a nac for taking extremely dumb penalties at bad times, so highly he can keep that in check.

Reactions: Nomobo

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
It’s like having another version of Jarkko Ruutu, who was a favourite of mine back in the day.

He has a nac for taking extremely dumb penalties at bad times, so highly he can keep that in check.

I always liked Roussel when he was with Dallas - he has had a knack for constantly taking dumb penalties throughout his career so doubt anything will change on that front.

Term and AAV are a bit high but honestly this one of the few UFA signings I've been ok with over the past few years.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
I really like this player.

Defensively a little better than I expected.... a perfect fit along side Sutter and Virtanen.
That line will be key to locking down the games win this year...

He just has to look at a player after a whistle and they want to punch him the face.

He is a pest that now has concussion problems. So he cant play his physical style or fight anyone any time soon.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
He is a pest that now has concussion problems. So he cant play his physical style or fight anyone any time soon.
Im happy with his games so far this year, how ever ya wanna describe him. Knows his role and has a goal and a post. Brings energy, shoves Crosby around, etc

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
I dont know what style you think he plays... but how he's played the last couple games is pretty much exactly is how he's alway played the game.

Don't know what physical component you think he's currently missing.

He picks his spots and tries to get under the skin of the other teams stars... like he tried with Crosby.
The other team takes note then dont hesitate to give him a lil extra when the whistle blows. Rinse and repeat.

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
I dont know what style you think he plays... but how he's played the last couple games is pretty much exactly is how he's alway played the game.

Don't know what physical component you think he's currently missing.

He picks his spots and tries to get under the skin of the other teams stars... like he tried with Crosby.
The other team takes note then dont hesitate to give him a lil extra when the whistle blows. Rinse and repeat.
He had a concussion so he has to reinvent his game. Didn’t you hear?

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
I always liked Roussel when he was with Dallas - he has had a knack for constantly taking dumb penalties throughout his career so doubt anything will change on that front.

Term and AAV are a bit high but honestly this one of the few UFA signings I've been ok with over the past few years.
I also have always liked Roussel as a player, the term and cap hit are bad but hopefully he regained his form and proved that last season a was an one off year.
He is what I call a good modern bottom 6 player

Last edited:

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
I also have always liked Roussel as a player, the term and cap hit sucks but hopefully he regained his form and proved that last s Asia was an one off year.
He is what I call a good modern bottom 6 player
I had and have zero issues with the Schaller and Roussel contracts. Both solid signings. Beagle is a whole different story as the dude is already 32 and the term is gross

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Agreed. Like him as a player but stupid contract. But if they move Sutter at the TDL all is forgiven

I would wait and see what the Canucks have when everyone is healthy first. When Beagle is anchoring the 4th line and PK, the Canucks still need a 3rd line C. Unless someone like Gaudette proves that he can take over that spot, Sutter remains a very useful player on this team.

Reactions: sting101

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
I would wait and see what the Canucks have when everyone is healthy first. When Beagle is anchoring the 4th line and PK, the Canucks still need a 3rd line C. Unless someone like Gaudette proves that he can take over that spot, Sutter remains a very useful player on this team.
I like Sutter but I like draft picks more!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad