Prospect Info: Anthony Stolarz

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I think it would be more likely that Toronto lets him clear waivers and then trades something minor for him.

No point in claiming him direct off waivers as he couldn't go to the AHL without us having a chance to take him back.
The Leafs signed Jeff Glass to a AHL contract so they did add a goalie already after losing 2. Also, see below.

I would think Hextall would want to keep Stolarz around if he clears waivers.

At least until Neuvirth and Lyon are healthy. Then they'll have to go on waivers, also.
Yup. As we have all seen, we need depth in goalies since they all seem to get hurt. If they all clear waivers, then deal with it. I would even look to "loan" a goalie to another AHL team so we can keep the depth just in case.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
We have too many potential backup goalies.
But right now, would you want to start any of them?
And by the time Stolarz has the game time to be ready to start, Hart should have leapfrogged him.

So I see no problem putting any of them on waivers, I doubt they'll be claimed at this point of the season (at least until there are injuries or some goalies go belly up).

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Meh....it might be best for Stolarz to go elsewhere anyway. He has had a tough go of it here anyway. Just another goalie to be flinged off the carousel ....

mdm815

Dec 22, 2005
pa
Still think stolie ends up at least a backup at this level for a respectable stretch of time before his pro career is over, barring more bad luck w injuries.

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
I'd be surprised if the rangers took him when they didn't claim Pickard. Most teams have a goalie prospect like Stolie and I don't think any are trying to get one in their nhl roster.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Sounds like neuvy and Lyon are close to ready. They are gonna have to make a decision in the next couple games. I don’t know how Neuvy survives this.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Good. Let's see if he can play enough to get some trade value or play himself into a good prospect again.

I still believe!

Unless he plays in the NHL, he isn't going to be able to increase his trade value no matter how good he's playing in the minors

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
The next verses are:

"The nutsack's connected to the nasal bone
The snot bone's connected to the lion's bone
The lion's bone's connected to the urethra bone ..."

I misread that as Lehtera

That's what it said. "The Lehtera's connected to the nasal bone".

Oh, I get it now.

tenor.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad