Prospect Info: Anthony Stolarz

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Stolarz now has .905, .916 and .910 sv% in his last three seasons. What can we honestly expect out of him if he makes flyers next year?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Stolarz now has .905, .916 and .910 sv% in his last three seasons. What can we honestly expect out of him if he makes flyers next year?

To me, it's clear that he won't be making the Flyers.

Neuvirth was re-signed. In NO WAY can Hextall believe he can handle the starters role, so that means another vet goalie who can handle 50 games is going to be signed.

Then add in Stolarz play in the AHL, and it becomes an easy decision by Hextall to leave him down there to start the season.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

He was having a very good season prior to being called up.

Then he got called up and had a .938 save percentage in 2 starts and 2 relief appearances with 2 wins and a 1 shut-out. Then he barely played because Hakstol is a buffoon. It completely disrupted his season and because Lyon was playing well in his absence, it made it even harder to take back the reigns in LHV.

I'd be very comfortable with a Mason-Stolarz tandem next season, but it doesn't appear to be in the cards unless LHV claims Neuvirth and Mason is re-signed after the ED.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Stolarz on Waivers today
:(:(:( I suspect that last night was the last time we see him in a Flyers uni. Not that I necessarily think he will be claimed (though it would not be surprising), just that he's too far down the list. Elliot, Neuvy, Pickard are all obviously ahead of him. If there is an injury of any consequence later in the season and Pickard or Neuvy is not available for some reason (claimed on waivers?), Hart I would think gets the call up, assuming he's up to it.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
The only team I could see claiming him is Ottawa. Because for them, why not roll the dice? They’re going to be awful anyway. Anderson isn’t going to be around much longer. Their backup is Condon (who cares).

Other than that, which I still think is unlikely, I doubt Stolie is going anywhere but Lehigh Valley.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Ah efff... I hope he doesnt get claimed, I see Ottawa or Toronto taking a chance there, hopefully I am wrong. I am never ready to let prospects go (as seen in the Martel thread) :laugh:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
The only team I could see claiming him is Ottawa. Because for them, why not roll the dice? They’re going to be awful anyway. Anderson isn’t going to be around much longer. Their backup is Condon (who cares).

Other than that, which I still think is unlikely, I doubt Stolie is going anywhere but Lehigh Valley.
Yeah that makes sense. But then they did not put a claim in on Pickard, so who knows.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Flyers have reached the point where they're going to lose prospects every year.
I'm sure Hextall tried to trade Martel and Leier, and probably Stolarz.
But not every prospect has value, Cousins got a 5th, McGinn a 3rd, but sometimes there's no market.
As the quality of talent at LHV increases, you'll see more trades for draft picks to avoid losing players on waivers.

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
I think it would be more likely that Toronto lets him clear waivers and then trades something minor for him.

No point in claiming him direct off waivers as he couldn't go to the AHL without us having a chance to take him back.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I would think Hextall would want to keep Stolarz around if he clears waivers.

At least until Neuvirth and Lyon are healthy. Then they'll have to go on waivers, also.

Reactions: Tripod

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad