Confirmed with Link: Anthony Stewart, picks to LA for Kevin Westgarth

La Huracanista

Nov 28, 2009
Raleigh
Tim Brent is a penalty killer. I know it's been a while since we've seen them play, but search your memory and you will remember. I think the coaching change did something to his PKTOI, but that doesn't mean Brent doesn't kill penalties.

And for a terrible player, Stewart managed to score 9 goals. I don't think these players are the pile of hot garbage that y'all seem to need to make them out to be. I just don't understand this board's fascination with bagging on players...

Not killing penalties doesn't mean that Brent doesn't kill penalties? I get that he used to, but come on. Right now he's just a wannabe top 6 player taking PP time away from better players.

I'm not a Brent hater...but some people think he's a good signing. He's not.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Not killing penalties doesn't mean that Brent doesn't kill penalties? I get that he used to, but come on. Right now he's just a wannabe top 6 player taking PP time away from better players.

I'm not a Brent hater...but some people think he's a good signing. He's not.

IIRC, he's getting PP time for the same reason that LaRose is. Muller's PP requires a certain handedness in the PP units and LaRose and Brent were the only ones on the team that fit that mold.

And frankly, again IIRC, they had success working the PP like that, so I'm not going to complain.

La Huracanista

Nov 28, 2009
Raleigh
In what way is he a wannabe top-6 player? With Sutter gone he seems like the most clear-cut bottom-6 fixture we have...

In that while he has been with the Hurricanes he's been more of a PP option than a guy known for his PK, forechecking, or PIM. He definitely doesn't fit the mold of a prototypical 4th liner. I think he's part of the problem on our 4th line, as was Stewart.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad