Value of: Anthony Mantha

LABound

RFA
Sep 2, 2018
Zadorov isn’t that good

I thought he was progressing fairly well after rough introduction to the Pro game ?

Similar draft pedigrees..... I didn't think Zadorov was expected to bring much offence ......I figured this is the trajectory and role he was drafted for ?

Can someone from Buffalo or Colorado please chime in.

He would definitely have a cult following in Detroit in my opinion .

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Why though? He's a huge building block for our future even if he's slow to start this season but look at the rest of our team

If you take Abdelkader, done

Stupid move to get a cap dump when we're not going to need the cap space for the duration of his contract.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
This thread is an over-reatcion. The Wings aren't going to trade Mantha for a package of 3-5 mid round picks and b prospects. If your offer isn't a dman of equal value on his own don't bother offering.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
If Colorado rejected that, that’s a fire-worthy offense

Zadorov isn’t that good

How many times have you watched him play in the last year?

Can someone from Buffalo or Colorado please chime in.

Yes. He can play like a top pairing defenseman for long stretches, but still tends to have "brain farts" here and there which is what is holding him back. He's only 23 though, so he's still young for a defenseman.

Other than that he's a physical monster on the blue line, players from opposite teams appear to largely prefer to enter the AVS d-zone from the other side when he's on the ice. Don't see the AVS trading him in the near future.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I feel he's worth more to detroit than he would be in a trade. He's young but I feel he's hit his peak and I don't think he will be any better than what we've seen. I don't think he would be moved for prospects.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
I feel he's worth more to detroit than he would be in a trade. He's young but I feel he's hit his peak and I don't think he will be any better than what we've seen. I don't think he would be moved for prospects.
Respectfully disagree, the whole team is in a funk, except Larkin, Nyquist, Bertuzzi, Cholo, Hronek & maybe Helm to a lesser degree.

When the collective is better he'll be much better, at worst a 50-55 pt. 2nd line winger. He hit 48 pts. last year on a crap roster & mostly 3rd pairing D. DDK & Green being the only 2nd pairing D. Give it at least 2 seasons that he's signed for and then reassess. By then we'll have some UFA's, dumped some old vets etc. His skill/size/skating combo is very rare & should regarded as such.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Respectfully disagree, the whole team is in a funk, except Larkin, Nyquist, Bertuzzi, Cholo, Hronek & maybe Helm to a lesser degree.

When the collective is better he'll be much better, at worst a 50-55 pt. 2nd line winger. He hit 48 pts. last year on a crap roster & mostly 3rd pairing D. DDK & Green being the only 2nd pairing D. Give it at least 2 seasons that he's signed for and then reassess. By then we'll have some UFA's, dumped some old vets etc. His skill/size/skating combo is very rare & should regarded as such.

Are you sure he's not the next Chris Stewart?:sarcasm:

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Mantha would be part of the rebuild. If anyone is going to offer is a 23 year old defenseman that's projecting as a potential top line D, we should trade Mantha for that. Otherwise, just keep him and wait. No one's going to offer what Mantha is worth to this team.

Lil Bert

Oct 14, 2018
If you watch the wings games it's clear to see that he doesn't want to be here. He puts in zero effort and got benched for a good amount of time a couple games ago. He was on the fourth line last game. He's not going to get better on a wings roster but still has potential if he gets moved to a contending team. We'll happily take a blue chip D-man with first pairing potential. Based on how these non-wing fans value him, we could still get some good return lol.

MidWestJet

Jan 13, 2014
Always liked Mantha, but his goal scoring really hasnt taken in the nhl. Can anyone weight in why?

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
We better trade him for a waiver level defender quick, while we can still unload him!

Fear

Nov 17, 2014
If Colorado rejected that, that’s a fire-worthy offense

How good do you think Mantha is? This is his 5th pro year since his amazing junior year and his numbers have been far from eye-popping.
At this point he's 24, I don't think there is a lot of untapped potential there, I think he is what he is.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
How good do you think Mantha is? This is his 5th pro year since his amazing junior year and his numbers have been far from eye-popping.
At this point he's 24, I don't think there is a lot of untapped potential there, I think he is what he is.
what he is is worth more than a 3rd pair dman

drw02

Aug 10, 2013

All is not equal in the NHL and unfortunately he plays on a team that is usually chasing the puck. Pretty hard to put up big numbers when your team rarely has possession, let alone sustained control in the o-zone. He has all the tools to be a high end goal scoring winger but just seems to lack the motivation/killer instinct to be great and when coupled with playing on a really bad team it leads to less than stellar results.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Always liked Mantha, but his goal scoring really hasnt taken in the nhl. Can anyone weight in why?
His goal scoring isnt an issue, his rookie year he had 17 goals(60 games) and 24 last year. From an overall game perspective, he lacks consistency and maybe some iq. He will try low percentage plays that dont work and wont always put in full effort. He needs to tighten up and work on some small things. Thats my take from a rival fanbase.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->