Speculation: Anthony Leblanc hired by Senators

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Any background info would be appreciated. Post here or on Sens page in Melnyk thread.

Thanks

If you are looking for an objective opinion you really won't get one here.

But I'll try to give you one.

Anthony Leblanc is a very outgoing individual. Huge promo type of guy, as he was the marketing head for Jim Balsillie at RIM (Blackberry) before getting into pro sports management. Tried to be fan friendly with the Coyotes fanbase, BUT........ he had a serious flaw in that he would over promise things. Hence the long running jokes about "two weeks". Also misread the Arizona market quite heavily with his promoting a Canadian atmosphere over one that reflected the region.

Have no idea how much he learned from the laundry list of mistakes here, but if you look at my signature below you'll see a quote from him made a few months ago while he was pursuing getting a CFL franchise in Halifax.

Personally, I would be very guarded with anything he promises at first and see how well he follows up on it.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Ya gotta give it to Leblanc, he must interview incredibly well, because he's shit at everything else. My condolences, Ottawa.

He's the master of vamping with zero substance. I wouldn't wish him on anyone.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
When I saw "Anthony Leblanc hired, for a split second I thought he was coming back here. I agree with Muppet, he must be really good at interviewing. Anybody that's hired people for a while knows that's a thing. Leblanc and his buddies tried to buy our team with no money and have the taxpayers pay for it. They actually got that deal and still f***ed it up. I'm sure he's still kicking himself today for that. He came off to me as a con man. One thing is for sure, he needs to stay in Canada. He tried to treat our fans like vacationing Canadians. Not smart or effective.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix

It's an old Coyotes ownership joke about when the team would finally get it's financial/ownership/stadium situation....situated :laugh: They'd always say TWO WEEKS. Leblanc was one of the owners in the past that tried and eventually did buy the team out of league ownership during said "TWO WEEKS" period which actually lasted about 6 years....and had a second wave.......give or take. Arguably 10 years.

Reactions: Sensung

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
It's an old Coyotes ownership joke about when the team would finally get it's financial/ownership/stadium situation....situated :laugh: They'd always say TWO WEEKS. Leblanc was one of the owners in the past that tried and eventually did buy the team out of league ownership during said "TWO WEEKS" period which actually lasted about 6 years....and had a second wave.......give or take. Arguably 10 years.
Ah, thanks.

CNYCrunchfan1

Oct 10, 2017
Say what you will but that roster looks and is going to look more promising than ours in a couple years.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Call it as subjective as you want, but the truth is that LeBlanc was the public face of a group of absolute small-timer grifters who nearly torpedoed the Arizona Coyotes franchise (under the guise of "saving" it). So my guess is that he's there to try and improve fan/ownership relations. Good luck with that.

Coyotes2000

Jun 25, 2007
AZ
AB is a ton of hot air.. nothing more.

He botched so much here, our original ownership group was a bunch of pretenders. I'm thankful for them but thank the lord we have Meruello.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad