Player Discussion Anthony Duclair

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Strong endorsement from him. I think there’s essentially zero chance we don’t keep him. Unless he does something dumb

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
He seems like a decent player who can elevate his game on his own (as opposed to needing someone like Mark Stone to put up big numbers). I hope we offer him a contract but good luck to him wherever he goes.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
A Columbus fan came on after we got him and said he has these great build ups and then will mess up like the puck will roll or he will fall and it’s actually true lmao. He will have these electric rushes and then wipe out haha. Still like him though.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Boy, I bet someone like Quenneville would be a miracle worker for someone with the talent level of Duclair. I wish this organization could get their heads out of their asses so we could turn this thing around.

SAK11

Oct 4, 2011
Boy, I bet someone like Quenneville would be a miracle worker for someone with the talent level of Duclair. I wish this organization could get their heads out of their asses so we could turn this thing around.

Maybe that’s what Chicago was thinking when they traded for him last year but he didn’t play very well under Quenneville during that time.

Reactions: h2owned and bert

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Glad to hear he wants to be part of the solution here. He's earned himself a short 2 year million "show me" contract with Ottawa.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think they should sign him as well, he could be the goal scorer & speedster that Tkachuk & White could use on their line. That would allow Batherson to stay with Brown & create another scoring line. Duclair needs a defensively responsible player on his line & White is that guy. I'm liking the rebuild so far & we haven't even gotten to the draft yet & next yr's draft should be even better for Ott. If they are able to draft a couple of players who can move into the top 9 & move a couple of these guys down a line sooner rather than later Ott could end up with a pretty good forward group in two yrs. At that point we would also know if Duclair is a keeper or not.

Tkachuk - White - Duclair
Formenton - Brown - Batherson
Norris - Chlapik - Ryan

Reactions: Icelevel

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Duclair is the only player who has a genuine chance to be a superstar from our current forward group playing with the big club

Reactions: billpo

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007
Duclair is the only player who has a genuine chance to be a superstar from our current forward group playing with the big club

I assume you mean other than Tkachuk, but yeah, I agree. He seems like one of our only players that tries to get a goal every shift.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I'd do a 2 year deal, but no more than 1.5M per.

He'd get more than 1.5 on a 1 year deal going to arbitration.

Sens settled with Dzingel for 2 years @ 1.8M after 111 career games, 17 career goals, 41 career points. He was coming off of a 14 goal 32 point season.

Duclair has 283 career games played, he'll likely finish the season with 20 goals, and it'll be his second career 20 goal season.

If you don't think you'd pay him more than 1.5, that is what it is, but there's no universe where he signs for that little on a 2 year deal. If that is where the Sens stand, they won't qualify him, because he's almost certainly getting more than that through arbitration.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I assume you mean other than Tkachuk, but yeah, I agree. He seems like one of our only players that tries to get a goal every shift.

You'd be wrong in assuming that as he refuses to acknowledge Tkachuk's talent, despite now having 42 points as a 19 year-old rookie on a terrible team.

And I like Duclair a lot, want him to be extended a year as a "show me" deal, but he is certainly not the player with the best shot at becoming an offensive superstar on our current roster. White would be next in line after Brady.

Duclair still has a lot to prove in the NHL.

Reactions: Deku

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
He'd get more than 1.5 on a 1 year deal going to arbitration.

Sens settled with Dzingel for 2 years @ 1.8M after 111 career games, 17 career goals, 41 career points. He was coming off of a 14 goal 32 point season.

Duclair has 283 career games played, he'll likely finish the season with 20 goals, and it'll be his second career 20 goal season.

If you don't think you'd pay him more than 1.5, that is what it is, but there's no universe where he signs for that little on a 2 year deal. If that is where the Sens stand, they won't qualify him, because he's almost certainly getting more than that through arbitration.

Don't think Duclair gets much more than $1.5M even through arbitration, although I assume that if the Sens do intend on keeping him around they'll give him about that much(up to $2M wouldn't surprise me tho) before they reach that point.

It's a low risk high reward situation and they'd be foolish not to take advantage.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Don't think Duclair gets much more than $1.5M even through arbitration, although I assume that if the Sens do intend on keeping him around they'll give him about that much(up to $2M wouldn't surprise me tho) before they reach that point.

It's a low risk high reward situation and they'd be foolish not to take advantage.

a team like Edmonton would easily give up more than 1.5 for a goal scoring winger

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Leave it up to the Sens to back into this guy and watch him figure it out. Credit to Crawford/Raymond/whoever is getting this out of him. He looks like a keeper for sure.

I certainly wouldn't go long-term, but he's earned himself a 2 year deal in the 3-4 million (total) range.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad