Recalled/Assigned: Anthony Duclair Recalled From Tucson

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I know the Roadrunners have been dreck lately but what's he done to earn it? Certainly isn't on the score sheet.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
Good idea to have him back now that Domi has returned; let's see if they can get some of that chemistry back.

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
I know the Roadrunners have been dreck lately but what's he done to earn it? Certainly isn't on the score sheet.

Maybe Tippett decided to give him a second chance or maybe he was sick and tired of guys like Holland and McGinn and Doan playing top 9 minutes all the time (I can dream right?) :sarcasm:

Tad Mikowski

Hail to the King Baby
Sponsor
May 31, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Regardless of his performance in Tucson, it could be a wake up call for him. Hopefully he realizes he never wants to get sent down again

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
I'm surprised. 1 goal in 16 games in the AHL is horrible. And IDC if he was playing with Gaudet, in the AHL Duke should be carrying his linemates.

I think Fischer should've been called up instead.

Dr VinnyBoombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I'm surprised. 1 goal in 16 games in the AHL is horrible. And IDC if he was playing with Gaudet, in the AHL Duke should be carrying his linemates.

I think Fischer should've been called up instead.

You guys really need to go watch some games and see the atrocity that is Gaudet at Center. He cannot keep the play moving at all. There is 'zero' chance for forwards unless they are going to 'grind' it out in the corner to systemically produce offense.

Which is why Fischer only had 3 goals with him and 18 without. Gaudet isn't a quality AHL Center, let alone NHL one. If Duclair was paired with Dauphin no doubt his production would increase just like Fischer's did.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
If Duclair was paired with Dauphin no doubt his production would increase just like Fischer's did.

That's fine to a point but Duclair was doing basically the same thing playing with Hanzal and Dvorak somewhere around 50% of the time.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
That's fine to a point but Duclair was doing basically the same thing playing with Hanzal and Dvorak somewhere around 50% of the time.

Early season Dvo isn't the same as late season Dvo, and your percentages are off. Duclair actually spent a good amount of time with McGinn and Holland of all linemates. Add in scratches and mid game benching, and there's really no surprise that he sucked (along with the entire team the first 50-60 games).

They should just play Domi - Dvorak - Duclair these last twenty games to see if they start to gel.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Tip is going to play him with scrubs for 10 minutes a night then trade him for not scoring.

Turris part 2. Dvorak was saved from the same fate solely by injuries immediately after his demotion.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Time to show what he's got. If he doesn't, he's going to be somebody's afterthought on Yandle's career.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Early season Dvo isn't the same as late season Dvo, and your percentages are off. Duclair actually spent a good amount of time with McGinn and Holland of all linemates. Add in scratches and mid game benching, and there's really no surprise that he sucked (along with the entire team the first 50-60 games).

They should just play Domi - Dvorak - Duclair these last twenty games to see if they start to gel.

I'm looking for the logic of the FO here and not finding it. Your points work perfectly fine as an argument for not sending him down in the first place but where's the justification for bringing him back up?

Percentages from here, which I believe are pulled from shift by shift data. I get to 48% real quick rounding down even.
http://leftwinglock.com/line-combinations/?player1=Anthony+Duclair&flag=y

I do agree about Early vs Late season Dvorak. But at the same time many posters around here were using his P/60 number for example as rebuttal against his treatment by the staff way back in December and maybe even before. So either Dvorak was a quality-enough center back then that he deserved more minutes or he was at least better than the Gaudets of the world and not holding back Duclair at the NHL level.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I do agree about Early vs Late season Dvorak. But at the same time many posters around here were using his P/60 number for example as rebuttal against his treatment by the staff way back in December and maybe even before. So either Dvorak was a quality-enough center back then that he deserved more minutes or he was at least better than the Gaudets of the world and not holding back Duclair at the NHL level.

Nobody is going to find a groove getting 9 minutes a game and constantly scratched/benched. I'm not even sure what you're arguing at this point.

Duclair wasn't good, but it wasn't 100% on him, which is arguably why he's still a Coyote and now back up on the NHL roster. I'm not sure why the whole team being bad, and Duclair being extra snakebitten and mentally shook early on is so controversial.

I'm just happy he's still here.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I'm looking for the logic of the FO here and not finding it. Your points work perfectly fine as an argument for not sending him down in the first place but where's the justification for bringing him back up?

If I remember correctly isn't there some rule where you need your rosters set after deadline (as in even players to fill in for an emergency basis.

Need to display the Mouser signal for this.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I'm not even sure what you're arguing at this point.

Basically:

FO/Tip sent him down for a reason. It may be a stupid reason but it was there somewhere.

Based on what I see right now nothing has changed with Duclair.

So either their reason was entirely soft like "attitude" or play in practice.

Or they really have no idea what they are doing and are throwing darts backhanded with their heads turned around.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
What happened to this kid?....basically fell off a cliff this year.....from a 20-goal season the NHL to the AHL where he's scored one goal all season?

What happened?....conditioning?....confidence?.....seemed to be a blue-chipper, but huge questions marks now.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
FO/Tip sent him down for a reason. It may be a stupid reason but it was there somewhere.

That condition is largely manufactured IMO, with the rest being bad luck and circumstance.

I wouldn't put much thought into the performance of wingers this season with a dumpster fire team + parade of bad centers. Because Duclair doesn't really do anything when he's not scoring, he was bound to suffer the most. Perlini has dealt with the same thing, though he has had a better team to play with in his AZ stint and he's larger, so he can soften the blow.

Getting Duclair going is still important and he can be a key piece of the team going forward.

What happened?....conditioning?....confidence?.....seemed to be a blue-chipper, but huge questions marks now.

Dave Tippett has a habit of riding offense first players into the proverbial ground, in a bid to turn all of them into the next Rieder (even though Rieder learned to play the two way game away from the Coyotes).

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun

Heard tale of him playing uninspired/disinterested in Tucson. Guess with the Roadrunners trying to make the playoffs, Duclair would fit in better with the uninspired/disinterested play of Doan, OEL, Goligoski, etc.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Heard tale of him playing uninspired/disinterested in Tucson. Guess with the Roadrunners trying to make the playoffs, Duclair would fit in better with the uninspired/disinterested play of Doan, OEL, Goligoski, etc.

I didn't hear that. I think that he was confused and a bit depressed rather than disinterested.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->