Value of: Anthony Cirelli

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
I wouldn't touch any Lightning player not named Hedman, Point or Kucherov. The other Lightning players would go to other teams and flat out suck compared to what they did in Tampa. Essentially, every Lighting player other than those three has to go out with the mentality that they just have to play defense and one of those 3 guys will score and win the game. That will not be the case elsewhere. Even the goalie wouldn't do on another team what he does there. Most I would offer for Cirelli is a 2nd round pick. That's it.

This is the trap the rangers fell into during their dark days.

Take a 2nd or 3rd line player from a great team, and place him on the 1st line in NYR, and they failed almost every time (Holik, Driver, Skrudland, Keane, MacLean, Nedved, Kamensky, Malakhov, Drury. etc). Taking players right off of cup winning rosters.

Players like Cirelli just scream "system player" and "enviromental product" like all the ones I listed. That doesnt mean they arent good players, but they are not drivers, and not team leaders.

Reactions: Pinto Bean

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Palm Bay? It's a bit sketch over there.

We were supposed to see an offersheet last year for Point which never happened. Obviously with three guys instead of one the chances are higher but the players like it here. I don't think any of them are in a rush to leave.
With Point and now Sergachev I can see why an offer sheet, unless it was an obscene amount amount of money, wouldn’t move them. They probably feel secure as core guys with huge pay days in their future and they obviously don’t want to leave.

The other two don’t want to leave but with the cap issues they are bit more expendable and if their offensive numbers never really increase they aren’t looking at big future paydays that can easily make up for the discount bridge deal. It’s unlikely but they might accept a 5 year deal through an offer sheet.

They definitely aren’t looking to leave but there’s something to be said for financial security. It does feel like one of them may end up traded if salary can’t be moved out in other ways and who knows what BriseBois has said to either one, if anything, about the chance of potential trades.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad