Value of: Anthony Cirelli

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Friedman must have a Lightning fan junior producer or something that fed him that line. We could only dream of such a deal.

Reactions: deflowd

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I live one block from the bay. How’s that. Was in Vero a few weeks back, which was lovely but that was vacation.

youre going to see an offer sheet of Tampa let’s any on Cirelli, Cernak or Serge if they hit RFA.

Palm Bay? It's a bit sketch over there.

We were supposed to see an offersheet last year for Point which never happened. Obviously with three guys instead of one the chances are higher but the players like it here. I don't think any of them are in a rush to leave.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida

We were supposed to see an offersheet last year for Point which never happened. Obviously with three guys instead of one the chances are higher but the players like it here. I don't think any of them are in a rush to leave.

no one goes from Palm Bay to Vero for vacation. That’s like going from Tampa to Sarasota.

you want sketch, I’ll give you New Port Richey.

$6.75mm is still solid money.

if you’re Cernak, you’re not taking $2mm when someone is offering over twice as much. You’ll chase an actual paycheck coming off your ELC.

Cirelli for less than $5mm will be hard too. Other teams would pay him closer to what Point makes.

the idea you get Cernak, Serge and Cirelli for 10mm is poppycock. Will be closer to $14mm and you don’t have that much.

if you lose a RFA, my money is on Cernak being the guy you lose.

Last edited:
Reactions: FireGorton

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020

If you mean he wouldn't accept an offer sheet that is right. I believe Montreal for one inquired.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
no one goes from Palm Bay to Vero for vacation. That’s like going from Tampa to Sarasota.

you want sketch, I’ll give you New Port Richey.

$6.75mm is still solid money.

if you’re Cernak, you’re not taking $2mm when someone is offering over twice as much. You’ll chase an actual paycheck coming off your ELC.

Cirelli for less than $5mm will be hard too. Other teams would pay him closer to what Point makes.

the idea you get Cernak, Serge and Cirelli for 10mm is poppycock. Will be closer to $14mm and you don’t have that much.

if you lose a RFA, my money is on Cernak being the guy you lose.

If you look at the contracts of Lehner and Jarry you see that they are backloaded because of how high escrow is going to be next season. I know you'll say it'll never happen but why not sign them all to one year deals at decent but low money. The low money is so they don't lose so much to escrow. Then as soon as you can negotiate another deal you sign them long term and backload that. So they do the team a favor by signing for cheap but Tampa does them a favor by putting most of the money later in the deal.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
If you look at the contracts of Lehner and Jarry you see that they are backloaded because of how high escrow is going to be next season. I know you'll say it'll never happen but why not sign them all to one year deals at decent but low money. The low money is so they don't lose so much to escrow. Then as soon as you can negotiate another deal you sign them long term and backload that. So they do the team a favor by signing for cheap but Tampa does them a favor by putting most of the money later in the deal.
Yours isn’t an unreasonable thesis.

No one is signing a deal with term as an RFA with low AAV. That won’t happen. But a one year deal? Maybe. We’ll find out next week. I still think teams will throw a lot more at Cernak than Tampa wants to pay. He could get more than Cirelli or Serge if he signs an OS and they both take one year deals in Tampa.

Last edited:

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
The big question is Tyler Johnson. If he waives, it takes us a long way to solving our issues. And maybe that happens if he knows this year he can more/less choose his destination, whereas next year he knows he's going to Seattle. He might choose to waive for a few specific places, and then it's on JBB to make it happen.

I'd be shocked if Alex Killorn is back. But he has solid value.
I don’t understand why people think Seattle always will want guys with bigger contracts . Do they get a pick with him .

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I wouldn't touch any Lightning player not named Hedman, Point or Kucherov. The other Lightning players would go to other teams and flat out suck compared to what they did in Tampa. Essentially, every Lighting player other than those three has to go out with the mentality that they just have to play defense and one of those 3 guys will score and win the game. That will not be the case elsewhere. Even the goalie wouldn't do on another team what he does there. Most I would offer for Cirelli is a 2nd round pick. That's it.
The team that just won the Stanley Cup and had a 62 win season a year ago only has 3 good players and the rest are not even worth having on your team, gotcha.

Reactions: FinnLightning26

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
I think Cirelli might be the man out unless we can get rid of Johnson and also trade Killorn. Looks unlikely as of today.

Really would love the Sabres to go get him. i'd do 8th OA for him straight up.

Would Cozens be available?

Newhook + 1st from Colorado.

But, Tampa is absolutely not trading him. That would be insanity.

At this point in time I think I would do this.
Try to get newhook to develop into the role of #2C

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I think Cirelli might be the man out unless we can get rid of Johnson and also trade Killorn. Looks unlikely as of today.

Would Cozens be available?

At this point in time I think I would do this.
Try to get newhook to develop into the role of #2C

No. I've been banging the Cirelli drum as hard as anyone on the Sabres forum, but there's no chance Buffalo moves Cozens.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I'm sure Dorion will be going hard after Dorion, given that Cirelli played for DJ Smith.

Could see him offering something like Brown + 2nd + a prospect or maybe another 2nd.

Reactions: SensFactor

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
On the Avalanche board the pretend GM wizards are willing to trade Byram for Cirelli.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
TB is going to get time from their RFA,s as they likely dont want to leave...So an offer sheet isnt likely to be signed by any of them right now...This will take some time but Iam sure they will figure it out

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad