Value of: Anthony Cirelli

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
I wouldn't touch any Lightning player not named Hedman, Point or Kucherov. The other Lightning players would go to other teams and flat out suck compared to what they did in Tampa. Essentially, every Lighting player other than those three has to go out with the mentality that they just have to play defense and one of those 3 guys will score and win the game. That will not be the case elsewhere. Even the goalie wouldn't do on another team what he does there. Most I would offer for Cirelli is a 2nd round pick. That's it.

JT Miller says hi.

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
I would do 8th overall for Cirelli, or at least see if anyone can beat that offer. Now the GM stated Stamkos will be ready for the start of next season, we have to keep Sergachev and Cernak as we are losing at least 3 of 4 UFA D, Cirelli is the RFA to go. It sucks, but the is result of a flat cap, having so many good players, and too many NTC and NMC.

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
I think Tampa better get a move on and make some trades to free up cap space. It's hard to see any of these pie-in-the-sky offers coming in for Cirelli (or Sergachev) when Tampa is cap strung.

An offer sheet at 6.5 a year is only a 1st and 3rd in compensation, and I wouldn't be surprised if a team comes in above that and pays the extra 2nd rounder in compensation to do so. That's the max price for either player. There's no need to trade more assets beforehand. You just need them to sign an offer sheet. Tampa can't clear out enough salary to sign both and fill out the rest of their roster, unless they move out Stamkos who has a NMC.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
I would do 8th overall for Cirelli, or at least see if anyone can beat that offer. Now the GM stated Stamkos will be ready for the start of next season, we have to keep Sergachev and Cernak as we are losing at least 3 of 4 UFA D, Cirelli is the RFA to go. It sucks, but the is result of a flat cap, having so many good players, and too many NTC and NMC.
#10 + Heinola for Cirelli + Cernak +
The pick plus 3 years of Heinola on his ELC, in exchange for 2 RFAs looking to get raises...gives you cap space for other issues.

Last edited:

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
#10 + Heinola for Cirelli + Cernak +
The pick plus 3 years of Heinola on his ELC, in exchange for 2 RFAs looking to get raises...gives you cap space for other issues.

We aren't trading more than one of our RFA's unless another team gives us an unbelievable offer. This is not it

Reactions: Flyer lurker

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
It's been discussed a bit on the Kings board and I don't personally like it but...

Cirelli+ Sergachev for #2 overall.

Frees up a decent amount of cap space and gives TB a great potential piece on an ELC.

Seems tough for Tampa to give up two huge immediate contributors/core pieces for a player who probably won't quite have the impact you'd hope for while they're in their current window. Also, seems tough for Kings to give up #2 overall at all, and for 2 guys who need new deals, as good as they may be. Interesting idea and the value does seem okay, but I think both sides would rather not do it.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
how many teams could afford 6-7 million right now that are in contention? 2 maybe 3? Also, Cirelli would want to leave from Cup winners to at least another contender. That really only leaves Colorado as the only possible threat.
Exactly. And Cirelli is exactly the type of player the Avs need most. Won’t hurt them a bit to lose a 1, 2 and 3 next season when they are a high end cup contender. Bonus is we hurt a team, the Bolts, the Avs could see in the finals. I’d have no issue losing the 30th, 62 and 94.th picks in the weak 2021 draft for Cirelli.

we’ve been telling you for months the Avs will offer sheet Cirelli if he’s open to it. It’s going to be explored and it may happen.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Exactly. And Cirelli is exactly the type of player the Avs need most. Won’t hurt them a bit to lose a 1, 2 and 3 next season when they are a high end cup contender. Bonus is we hurt a team, the Bolts, the Avs could see in the finals. I’d have no issue losing the 30th, 62 and 94.th picks in the weak 2021 draft for Cirelli.

we’ve been telling you for months the Avs will offer sheet Cirelli if he’s open to it. It’s going to be explored and it may happen.
Like we said the key is if he is open to it. I don't think he is. I think he takes a bridge like almost every single previous bolts RFA. My prediction, everyone but bolts fans are going to be pissed at what they re-sign for. It will be so low that it will be in a 2nd only range.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
I have to think that would be shot down by the NHL. Definitely worthy of praise if JBB gets innovative with this stuff though
Flyers did this trick at waiver draft years ago avoiding Keith Action and Pete Peeters to come back via trade. I guess if anyone could make it work its tbl.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Like we said the key is if he is open to it. I don't think he is. I think he takes a bridge like almost every single previous bolts RFA. My prediction, everyone but bolts fans are going to be pissed at what they re-sign for. It will be so low that it will be in a 2nd only range.

I live in coastal Florida so I can vouch for the winters and lack of state taxes. Both great draws.

Cirelli and Cernak may be ok doing one year deals with Tampa. They won’t LaBanc. That was an unmitigated disaster so Tampa won’t get that lucky. But Tampa may get their guys to sign well below mkt one year deals. Maybe.

but you’ve never faced a threat like c19 nor have you faced the threat of a team as good and desirable as the Avs loaded with available cap space and needs at defensive center and RHD that focuses on being defensive. Cirelli and Cernak are picture perfect for the Avs immediate needs. Nothing stoping the Avs from offering Cirelli a bridge deal of term of his choosing. Of offering him the exact same deal as Tampa gave Point. The Avs have the cap space to overpay. And it’s not like overpaying a Cirelli or Cernak comes back to haunt them like overpaying an older vet. Tampa fans bellyache it’s a major overpay. But so what. Avs can afford it. Could live with it. It’s not going to sink their cap space.

this is very low risk the Avs. Unlike nearly every other team with current cap space that isn’t a slam dunk playoff team. The Avs have the second highest cup odds for next season, behind only Tampa. We’re not a bad team worried about watching an unprotected lottery pick in 2021 head the other way. Another reason we can overpay.

stealing a Cirelli is meant to hurt Tampa as much as it helps the Avs. It does both for the Avs. Big bonus it hurts Tampa though. So more incentive to overpay.

I’ll admit it’s possible Cirelli won’t listen. You should be equally as willing to admit it’s possible he or Cernak would listen if Sakic calls.

the idea Tampa fans just waive it off is a fantasy for Tampa fans. These guys do play for money and neither has made much yet coming off ELCs. Leaving several million per year on the table from a contender like the Avs isn’t an easy no. You know this. All Tampa fans instinctively do. The cockiness of other Tampa fans is nice though. I’m hoping their GM is just as cocksure. It would be amazing if any of your three RFAs make it to free agency so Sakic is allowed to call their agents. He just needs the chance.

Last edited:

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I live in coastal Florida so I can vouch for the winters and lack of state taxes. Both great draws.

Cirelli and Cernak may be ok doing one year deals with Tampa. They won’t LaBanc. That was an unmitigated disaster so Tampa won’t get that lucky. But Tampa may get their guys to sign well below mkt one year deals. Maybe.

but you’ve never faced a threat like c19 nor have you faced the threat of a team as good and desirable as the Avs loaded with available cap space and needs at defensive center and RHD that focuses on being defensive. Cirelli and Cernak are picture perfect for the Avs immediate needs. Nothing stoping the Avs from offering Cirelli a bridge deal of term of his choosing. Of offering him the exact same deal as Tampa gave Point. The Avs have the cap space to overpay. And it’s not like overpaying a Cirelli or Cernak comes back to haunt them like overpaying an older vet. Tampa fans bellyache it’s a major overpay. But so what. Avs can afford it. Could live with it. It’s not going to sink their cap space.

this is very low risk the Avs. Unlike nearly every other team with current cap space that isn’t a slam dunk playoff team. The Avs have the second highest cup odds for next season, behind only Tampa. We’re not a bad team worried about watching an unprotected lottery pick in 2021 head the other way. Another reason we can overpay.

stealing a Cirelli is meant to hurt Tampa as much as it helps the Avs. It does both for the Avs. Big bonus it hurts Tampa though. So more incentive to overpay.

I’ll admit it’s possible Cirelli won’t listen. You should be equally as willing to admit it’s possible he or Cernak would listen if Sakic calls.

the idea Tampa fans just waive it off is a fantasy for Tampa fans. These guys do play for money and neither has made much yet coming off ELCs. Leaving several million per year on the table from a contender like the Avs isn’t an easy no. You know this. All Tampa fans instinctively do. The cockiness of other Tampa fans is nice though. I’m hoping their GM is just as cocksure. It would be amazing if any of your three RFAs make it to free agency so Sakic is allowed to call their agents. He just needs the chance.

You know how I know you have no clue what you're talking about? You say you live in coastal Florida, where the hell is coastal Florida? No one in Florida ever has said they're from coastal Florida. Next time try Treasure coast, Space coast, Gold coast or Nature coast.

KingDeathMetal

Jun 7, 2015
Long Island, NY
He had a big year. I doubt he ever approaches those number again. Cirelli will get better. Cirelli may not end up better but he could be just as good - both around 70-75 points.

He had two great consecutive years and is still real young - there's no sign of him slowing. Clearly you haven't watched much of Zib.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
You know how I know you have no clue what you're talking about? You say you live in coastal Florida, where the hell is coastal Florida? No one in Florida ever has said they're from coastal Florida. Next time try Treasure coast, Space coast, Gold coast or Nature coast.
I live one block from the bay. How’s that. Was in Vero a few weeks back, which was lovely but that was vacation.

youre going to see an offer sheet of Tampa let’s any on Cirelli, Cernak or Serge if they hit RFA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad