Value of: Anthony Cirelli

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
What would a team need to give up to attain Anthony Cirelli? Tampa can’t afford to keep him and resign Sergachev. What if a team takes on Gourdes contract in the Cirelli trade? That’ll clear up probably close to 10M (assuming Cirelli signs for 5) to resign Sergachev and give Point his raise when his contract is up.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
2020 picks don't help them win the cup in 2021. I think if Tampa moves Cirelli they'll be looking for a very good ELC player coming back. So Necas, Texier, etc... players like that who can fill in in the top six for $900k a year.

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
It's been discussed a bit on the Kings board and I don't personally like it but...

Cirelli+ Sergachev for #2 overall.

Frees up a decent amount of cap space and gives TB a great potential piece on an ELC.

Reactions: hmc1987

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
I'd personally offer Pesce (IMO a more valuable trade chip than Necas) + Suzuki + McKeown + 2021 1st for Cirelli. Elite defensive centers with strong complimentary offensive chops like Cirelli don't grow on trees.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
It's been discussed a bit on the Kings board and I don't personally like it but...

Frees up a decent amount of cap space and gives TB a great potential piece on an ELC.
Seems decent for both teams. Those two pieces plus prospect graduations could easily help the kings make the playoffs next season.

Ultimately I think it's more likely the Lightning trade an older forward like Johnson or Kilorn for a modest return.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

That's tempting as hell but Stutzle and Byfield don't fill a need for us. I hope the LAK don't trade out. Go get yourselves a stud

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
a friend of mine today said (MTL fan): "OTT should offer #28, Brannstrom, #33/Formenton and I'm sure that would make TB tjink about it for sure"

I thought about it and said that I wouldnt do it

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
LOL at these trade proposals.

Get Cirelli to sign a $6m-$7m per year offer sheet for five years, and the price is a 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Because Tampa ain't matching that.
how many teams could afford 6-7 million right now that are in contention? 2 maybe 3? Also, Cirelli would want to leave from Cup winners to at least another contender. That really only leaves Colorado as the only possible threat.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
LOL at these trade proposals.

Get Cirelli to sign a $6m-$7m per year offer sheet for five years, and the price is a 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Because Tampa ain't matching that.

I love watching other teams castrate themselves, knock yourself out. Cirelli would still probably sign with the Bolts for something more reasonable though

KingDeathMetal

Jun 7, 2015
Long Island, NY
how many teams could afford 6-7 million right now that are in contention? 2 maybe 3? Also, Cirelli would want to leave from Cup winners to at least another contender. That really only leaves Colorado as the only possible threat.

He's a 23 year old who just won a cup, not a 38 year old searching for his first ring. If NYR offer him $6m for five years, and he has a chance to jump on as the #2 Center on a line with Panarin and Lafreniere, on a team that is stacked with great young players and tons of prospects and just made the playoffs, he does it. Rangers could be set to compete for a long time, with him as a center piece.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
He's a 23 year old who just won a cup, not a 38 year old searching for his first ring. If NYR offer him $6m for five years, and he has a chance to jump on as the #2 Center on a line with Panarin and Lafreniere, on a team that is stacked with great young players and tons of prospects and just made the playoffs, he does it. Rangers could be set to compete for a long time, with him as a center piece.
Why doesn't DJ Z-bad play with those guys?

If Cirelli takes an offer sheet from anyone at that compensation level, I have to think he takes 4 years instead of 5 because he'd walk into free agency in the following year.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

Add Bjornfot and I'd do it. The two of them are more valuable than the #2 alone.

Reactions: 2020 Cup Champions

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
Why doesn't DJ Z-bad play with those guys?

If Cirelli takes an offer sheet from anyone at that compensation level, I have to think he takes 4 years instead of 5 because he'd walk into free agency in the following year.
The answer to your question is because Cirelli is more talented than DJ Z

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad