Player Discussion: Anthony Cirelli

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Leaves a ton of talent for other lines. If Palat is healed up... Wow. If not... Meh.
If old Palat ever came back, I'd love this line.

So if Johnson is playing wing, who's going to center line 3? Assuming Point is back of course. Verhaeghe? Maybe Gourde?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
If old Palat ever came back, I'd love this line.

So if Johnson is playing wing, who's going to center line 3? Assuming Point is back of course. Verhaeghe? Maybe Gourde?

Johnson's been with Killorn and Kucherov. I assume that's just holding Point's place warm though (Johnson - Point - Kuch), so yeah, Verhaeghe probably has a solid chance. Hose has him on the team because he'd have to pass through waivers. I don't doubt we keep him up and send Martel down.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
If they are keeping Cirelli as the #3 C even without Point, you can pretty much expect that he won't be playing wing on the top line. The coaching staff wants him as the shutdown center

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
You'll get out of Palat out of the top 6 when you pry him from Coop's cold dead hands.
I...I understand what you're saying, Macho.

giphy.gif

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Is it too early for reports on how Palat is skating/handling the puck. He seemed to not have any hands at all last year.

Reactions: Hoek

Kalopsia

Jun 25, 2018
Hi, Caps fan here. I was digging into Lars Eller's stats and how rare it is to have get point production from guys who spend a ton of time on the PK, and I came across Cirelli's even more impressive season along the way. So here's a fun fact for you guys: Cirelli's currently on pace for 59 points and just under 240 PK minutes, and no player in the last decade has hit those marks simultaneously (the closest are Ryan Kesler and Tomas Plekanec). I'm admittedly just stat-watching and haven't seen much of his actual play, but what he's doing this season seems really impressive, especially at age 22.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Hi, Caps fan here. I was digging into Lars Eller's stats and how rare it is to have get point production from guys who spend a ton of time on the PK, and I came across Cirelli's even more impressive season along the way. So here's a fun fact for you guys: Cirelli's currently on pace for 59 points and just under 240 PK minutes, and no player in the last decade has hit those marks simultaneously (the closest are Ryan Kesler and Tomas Plekanec). I'm admittedly just stat-watching and haven't seen much of his actual play, but what he's doing this season seems really impressive, especially at age 22.
Cirelli is a dreamboat.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012

The 200 foot God.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

That sounds about in line with what we're seeing, really. He's a lot like Kesler, really, role-wise, except not nearly so much of a ****.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad