Player Discussion: Anthony Cirelli

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Fingers crossed hoping and praying we give Cirelli a shot in the NHL playoffs. It took 4 games..... 4 games to prove he is that much better than Paquette and to match 5/6 of a 220+ game NHL veteran's scoring production in 1/10 of the games.

You can't make this stuff up man.

It's been so painfully obvious how long we've been needing to move on from some of these guys from our previous nucleus. 2 to go with Paquette and Sustr

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
If Cooper is gonna use Cirelli as the 3C then I have no problem keeping him around going into the playoffs. If he's gonna be the 4C getting less than 10 minutes then Syracuse is better for him.

I think we know 8 of our top 9. Is Cirelli better than Kunitz/Callahan? If not he'll have to be on the 4th line

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I think we know 8 of our top 9. Is Cirelli better than Kunitz/Callahan? If not he'll have to be on the 4th line
That's kind of a myopic view. It isn't necessarily about who is better - sometimes it's about who is better suited. We saw a Kunitz-Paq-Callahan fourth line own teams at times - that may be the best fourth line in the league.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

Not yet. Callahan and Kunitz have one thing Cirelli doesn't and that's the ability to think the NHL game. Kuntiz's problem is that age is catching up with him and same too with Callahan along with the fact that he's been hampered by so many injuries.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
It's safe to assume that he's going to get at least a little bigger/stronger, too.

What are we dealing with here, exactly? Did we clear this with the league? What's the catch here? What am I missing?

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
If Cooper is gonna use Cirelli as the 3C then I have no problem keeping him around going into the playoffs. If he's gonna be the 4C getting less than 10 minutes then Syracuse is better for him.

Even for 10 minutes, the main goal is Tampa, not Syracuse, and it's getting clearer every time AC touches the puck that he's making this team better than Paquette.

Ps : And I really like Pacman

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
It's safe to assume that he's going to get at least a little bigger/stronger, too.

What are we dealing with here, exactly? Did we clear this with the league? What's the catch here? What am I missing?

3rd round pick too. Pretty amazing how they keep finding these guys. Even though we are cup contenders right now, it's guys like: Kucherov, Palat, Point, Miller, Vasi, Sergachev, Gourde, Cirelli and co that are reasons why this team should contend for years. Obviously things can happen but if this team sticks together and keeps bringing these kids in we will contend for a while. Even though I believe this is our best chance since our last playoff run, it certainly won't be our last stab at it.

Reactions: Bolt 45

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
3rd round pick too. Pretty amazing how they keep finding these guys. Even though we are cup contenders right now, it's guys like: Kucherov, Palat, Point, Miller, Vasi, Sergachev, Gourde, Cirelli and co that are reasons why this team should contend for years. Obviously things can happen but if this team sticks together and keeps bringing these kids in we will contend for a while. Even though I believe this is our best chance since our last playoff run, it certainly won't be our last stab at it.
I agree. It sure looks like we've given ourselves a very nice window to work with. And, boy, did we ever snooker the rest of the league with some of those guys.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Good to see him on the third line. He's earned it. Not a super physical guy but super smart, seems to be what this team is going for.

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
gonna post this one here coz in a video which 80-90% would be made of Point/Kuch every time, his gutsy play resulting in his goal still ranks 2nd here. Keep it up, Cirelli!Love us some 7s line!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad