Player Discussion: Anthony Cirelli

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
This isn't an outlier too, he plays like this is who Cirelli is. He's not gonna get 2 points every night, no way on earth. But that engine idles at top speed at all times. Cirelli is the kid that plays like he's been shot out of a cannon and the laws of physics about outside forces disrupting an objection in motion simply do not apply to him.

I love Cory Conacher but we'll be calling Cirelli Honey Badger before too long. I know Wolf can back me up on this one

Shoresy Snipes

Give yer B's a T ya T F'r
May 6, 2017
He looked good, no doubt.
Unfortunately, knowing this team, he gets sent back down before next week. Even more unfortunate, we'll have to keep putting up with mediocre but serviceable Paquette.

Speaking of Paq, he hasn't had any random injuries in a while right? He's prolly about due. That's likely the only way we'll be able to keep benefiting from Cirelli's ”above-Paq” play.

Bolts265

Nov 9, 2011
Zephyrhills, FL
He will probably stay and make the playoff roster only to be a healthy scratch by Cooper in favor of Paquette and Sustr every night.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
He will probably stay and make the playoff roster only to be a healthy scratch by Cooper in favor of Paquette and Sustr every night.

And rightfully so. Kid needs to get back on the bus in Syracuse and earn his dues. Paquette and Sustr practically carried us to the Cup, Johnson and Bishop decided to undo their hard work by getting hurt and costing us that glory.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
And rightfully so. Kid needs to get back on the bus in Syracuse and earn his dues. Paquette and Sustr practically carried us to the Cup, Johnson and Bishop decided to undo their hard work by getting hurt and costing us that glory.

Sustr had finally had enough of this team and decided to let Keith walk in on the cup winning goal to see if someone else would step up for once, they did not.

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012
I can't believe Sustr has lasted 300+ games he's got to have something very bad on Yzerman.

As for Cirelli, I like his game a lot hopefully he stays for good but I'm not getting my hopes up knowing Coop.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Do you guys see him being a Decent NHLer? The way the Lightning develop players...wouldn't shock me.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Guy has too much fight not to be IMO. He's been the prospect I'm most excited about in Syracuse.

What about Peca? Does he have a shot at being a NHLer?

I can see why Steve went for it and got Mac. Players just keep coming out of the AHL and produce.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Peca and Cirelli are both surefire NHL players.
Should bounce out both Paq and Conacher easily, probably Kunitz too after this season

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
As good as Cirelli is ... Joseph is better. Different positions but Joseph generally pops out on the screen more. If you like Cirelli...wait until the Lightning fan base get their eyes on this dude. Cirelli progression is reason Howden became expendable. Hope they bring all three kids for a cup of coffee in the bigs - Stephens and Joseph should be up for a few games as well. It’s deserved. Their progression has really sky rocketed in past few months and they are all two way extra effort players on both sides of the ice.

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
As good as Cirelli is ... Joseph is better. Different positions but Joseph generally pops out on the screen more. If you like Cirelli...wait until the Lightning fan base get their eyes on this dude. Cirelli progression is reason Howden became expendable. Hope they bring all three kids for a cup of coffee in the bigs - Stephens and Joseph should be up for a few games as well. It’s deserved. Their progression has really sky rocketed in past few months and they are all two way extra effort players on both sides of the ice.

We really do have an embarrassment of riches. If Cirelli keeps up that high motor, then honestly I hope he stays in Tampa. Don't send him back. Paquette needs to go, to create room for them. If Joseph gets called up and has a similar impact, then Conacher needs to leave to make room for him.

We really need to stop this favoritism. (AKA Sustr, and a little bit of Killorn.) I would like to see some moves in the off season to address this. Getting rid of Sustr would go a long ways, same with Paquette. They both add nothing to the club. Least for on ice performance. When we have guys like Cirelli that show up and playing the way he does, as with Erne. There are no reasons to keep them around. (We have a few defensemen that deserve a call up soon as well.)

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Its not favoritism. Most people just look at the on the ice performance...there is a lot more that goes into it whether the fan base likes it or not.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

I loved Joseph when he played locally (for me) in Saint John.

In other news, apparently Cirelli is likely up for the rest of the year, because once we put him in the lineup over Paq, he became a call-up rather than an emergency call-up. Per EE.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I loved Joseph when he played locally (for me) in Saint John.

In other news, apparently Cirelli is likely up for the rest of the year, because once we put him in the lineup over Paq, he became a call-up rather than an emergency call-up. Per EE.

Yeah but we have 4 callups available so even after his loan wasn't an emergency anymore we still can use 3 more so he could be sent down then called back up later. I think he would stick around through this homestand then go back when Palat returns.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Yeah but we have 4 callups available so even after his loan wasn't an emergency anymore we still can use 3 more so he could be sent down then called back up later. I think he would stick around through this homestand then go back when Palat returns.

According to EE, because Paq was listed as a healthy scratch today, it made him one of our four call-ups.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad