Player Discussion: Anthony Cirelli

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
He's been better than Cirelli though. Gourde is our best center when Point is out of the line up, but breaking up that 3rd line is a big gamble.

Last night was the first time Cirelli looked legitimately fast, so I still think he's gradually improving. So hopefully he breaks through soon. But so far in these playoffs he's been pretty bad. I don't think it will affect his negotiations because I think he's pretty obviously playing hurt.
Gourde is having quite a postseason indeed, definition of an impact player. I didn't find Anthony Cirelli-fast though, even last night. I remember one occasion where he'd have blown past a defender and nothing happened. He was average fast which is miles from his real speed. I'm convinced he's got some sort of injury.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Gourde is having quite a postseason indeed, definition of an impact player. I didn't find Anthony Cirelli-fast though, even last night. I remember one occasion where he'd have blown past a defender and nothing happened. He was average fast which is miles from his real speed. I'm convinced he's got some sort of injury.

He's definitely hurting, but he's been slowly getting back to form. Last night is the first game where I wanted to see his number, because he was legit dangerous all night.

Point seemed to fade a bit as the game wore on, and we really needed somebody to step up. It felt to me like Cirelli dug deep all game long.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Joseph had more goals than Palat and the same as JT Miller last season. He wasn't as good this year but he has shown he can finish in this league just as well as established players.
Well if you are correct then this team is in for a long miserable spell of hockey. Subtract Killorn, Palat, Johnson, Gourde and insert ELC's yeah thats your plan. I just do not think thats JBB's plan. Keeping the window open for as long as possible will be his objective. It is not even close to time to rebuild this team.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
He's definitely hurting, but he's been slowly getting back to form. Last night is the first game where I wanted to see his number, because he was legit dangerous all night.

Point seemed to fade a bit as the game wore on, and we really needed somebody to step up. It felt to me like Cirelli dug deep all game long.

He did step up, but I fear he's not going to fully recover for the Final. Fingers crossed.

Point was clearly being cautious, he's hurt and suffering IMO.

Reactions: Hinterland and DFC

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Well if you are correct then this team is in for a long miserable spell of hockey. Subtract Killorn, Palat, Johnson, Gourde and insert ELC's yeah thats your plan. I just do not think thats JBB's plan. Keeping the window open for as long as possible will be his objective. It is not even close to time to rebuild this team.

Killorn 49 points, Palat 41, Johnson 31 and Gourde 30 those are the point totals from this season. If we move out all those guys we aren't losing any big time scorers just good depth scorers. The likes of Barre-Boulet, Katchouk, Raddysh and Joseph/Volkov could potentially produce similar numbers. I'm not trying to replace 70 point Johnson or 60 point Palat and Gourde. Those guys were replaced by Kucherov and Point with Cirelli possibly being a 60 point player. We need to replace the current form which is less than 50 point players.

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Stupid ass complaint on my part but I have never gotten used to seeing him wear #71 after all those years of #22 in juniors. I'll always be curious why he kept his (likely) assigned number no differently than Point after he wore #19 for who knows how long

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Stupid ass complaint on my part but I have never gotten used to seeing him wear #71 after all those years of #22 in juniors. I'll always be curious why he kept his (likely) assigned number no differently than Point after he wore #19 for who knows how long
I feel like 19 was taken when Point arrived. We've had a few obscure 19s over the years.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I feel like 19 was taken when Point arrived. We've had a few obscure 19s over the years.

Without looking it up you're probably right. I'll admit I secretly wanted Point to change to #19 when available (it had been for some time now before Goodrow) simply because you're pretty much spot on about how he plays. He's about the closest thing to Yzerman since the real thing. The number would've been appropriate too.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
It’s really important that he gets going and drives that 2nd line. He’s got a great finisher on his line and Killer should fit well. I remember during the bubble how much It pained me at times, as good as the team was, that the 2nd line didn’t bring much. I always thought Cirelli Stammer would work.

It doesn’t look good right now. Time to get going

Reactions: Steazy Doo

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Right now his contract looks kinda bad, fortunately just a bridge deal. For now he looks like a solid 3C. Thinking that’s where the Bolts should put him when and if healthy. Let Guorde center Stammer and Killer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->