Player Discussion: Anthony Beauvillier

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
He's going to be and always had the potential. People have underrated him on these boards and capped him out as a 3rd liner but he's always been an offensive player at every level and of course, a goal scorer.

I think looking at players from the 2015 class is really deceptive. If he came out in 2016 or 2017 Tito might have gone top-10. Then the expectations might have been much higher. But you don't expect it from a 28th overall pick. I mean geez look at it now it keeps getting better and better with Roope Hintz and Vince Dunn. It's nuts. :laugh:

As for whether Beauillier has actually improved or just gotten luck... Well, I think that's silly. Of course he's gotten better. People say he's gotten so much stronger, and maybe that's true, but it's his endurance increase that's been obvious to me. He's able to keep up the pursuit and the strength on the stick so much longer and just outlast other guys, and use his (relatively) low center of gravity. He's got a little bit of the little-guy-big-ass thing starting.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I think looking at players from the 2015 class is really deceptive. If he came out in 2016 or 2017 Tito might have gone top-10. Then the expectations might have been much higher. But you don't expect it from a 28th overall pick. I mean geez look at it now it keeps getting better and better with Roope Hintz and Vince Dunn. It's nuts. :laugh:

As for whether Beauillier has actually improved or just gotten luck... Well, I think that's silly. Of course he's gotten better. People say he's gotten so much stronger, and maybe that's true, but it's his endurance increase that's been obvious to me. He's able to keep up the pursuit and the strength on the stick so much longer and just outlast other guys, and use his (relatively) low center of gravity. He's got a little bit of the little-guy-big-ass thing starting.
He's looked great so far. He's looked great in stretches before as well though. I'm cautiously optimistic that this is his natural growth progression and he is becoming the player that we all knew he could/should be, but I'd like to see it consistently through the season. I think its a nice combination of growth and confidence. If we get the Tito that we think we can, we are a much better team all around.

Reactions: dano16

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
He's looked great so far. He's looked great in stretches before as well though. I'm cautiously optimistic that this is his natural growth progression and he is becoming the player that we all knew he could/should be, but I'd like to see it consistently through the season. I think its a nice combination of growth and confidence. If we get the Tito that we think we can, we are a much better team all around.

There's not much question in my mind, because I think his improvement is 100% physical. He's always been there in terms of motor and attention.

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
Hopefully, as he matures, his offensive output becomes less streaky. The kid is a buzzsaw out there though, even if he's not putting the puck in the net.

The Real JT

In Lou We Trust: Just kidding
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
BTW does anyone have an isolated beauvillier laughing in his car gif?
Can't find that but here's one of his Dad.

I believe this was his rookie NHL season when he scored in Montreal.
200w.gif

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Hopefully, as he matures, his offensive output becomes less streaky. The kid is a buzzsaw out there though, even if he's not putting the puck in the net.

Consistency is always the last thing that comes for a young ascending player. Beau has been a bit snakebite offensively at times, but the effort and complete game have been there all season long. We're no longer seeing flashes of his potential impact, it's prolonged stretches now. He's right on track in his development and it's been huge for this team.

The same applies to Barzal.

Reactions: WangMustGo

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
Consistency is always the last thing that comes for a young ascending player. Beau has been a bit snakebite offensively at times, but the effort and complete game have been there all season long. We're no longer seeing flashes of his potential impact, it's prolonged stretches now. He's right on track in his development and it's been huge for this team.

The same applies to Barzal.

For sure. The consistency will come because (1) he has the right tools in the tool shed, (2) he has a great coaching staff, and (3) he has a solid supporting cast. He looks very poised as a 22-year old.

I'm interested in seeing his totals for the year. 40+ points would be great, and I think that's reasonably attainable.

Axel574

Dec 9, 2015
We'd need to sure up the bottom end, but it'd be a big boost if Eberle got going a bit too.
I'm not too worried about Eberle... he's proven he can step it up in the clutch. Also.. this is an excuse and I hate them, but he may still be shrugging off that injury. He came close a few times and is playing okay for now.

Reactions: 2ndGenIslander

The Real JT

In Lou We Trust: Just kidding
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
For sure. The consistency will come because (1) he has the right tools in the tool shed, (2) he has a great coaching staff, and (3) he has a solid supporting cast. He looks very poised as a 22-year old.

I'm interested in seeing his totals for the year. 40+ points would be great, and I think that's reasonably attainable.

Beau has 16 points in 20 games thus far.

Considering what we've seen so far, anything less than 50 points for the year would be disappointing.

I don't see this as a one time flurry (or is it Fleury?).

I think he's going to be a top 6 contributor for the next 10 years.

Beau, just don't pull a JT. I don't want to see any pics of you in Canadiens PJs.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I'm not too worried about Eberle... he's proven he can step it up in the clutch. Also.. this is an excuse and I hate them, but he may still be shrugging off that injury. He came close a few times and is playing okay for now.

He's playing on the perimeter too much again. He needs to start driving the net and getting shots on goal so Lee can do his thing too.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Good quote from Staple's latest article about Beauvillier.

“Forechecking has always been a part of my game and this year I wanted to improve a little bit,” Beauvillier said. “Every time I was having some not really good games last year, Trotzy and I talked about fixing my battles. I feel like I’m a lot better player on the walls and I feel like if I’m not forechecking, I’m not going to have a good game.”

'It's a mindset': What's behind Anthony Beauvillier's...

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
I love the way this kid continues to develop. So far this season, he's been noticeably more consistent offensively and, even when he doesn't get on the scoreboard, he's always zipping around the rink and dictating play.

Snow really bailed himself out with that Reinhart trade.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Been saying it since his rookie year...

Once he rounds out his game, this kid is that X-factor player you kill for in the playoffs. A complete player who does everything well, but really gets things going with his non-stop motor that rallies his teammates when things can get down.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Been saying it since his rookie year...

Once he rounds out his game, this kid is that X-factor player you kill for in the playoffs. A complete player who does everything well, but really gets things going with his non-stop motor that rallies his teammates when things can get down.

Hopefully he's a poor man's Marchand that isn't mentally unstable. Beau has really emerged as an impact player, best case scenario.

While he has definite chemistry with Nelson and Brassard, I can't help and think he is that speedy LW that can keep up with Barzal. I love Ross, but Barzal has to do it all on his line.

Reactions: mm11 and periferal

hunter7isles

Feb 22, 2007
Hopefully he's a poor man's Marchand that isn't mentally unstable. Beau has really emerged as an impact player, best case scenario.

While he has definite chemistry with Nelson and Brassard, I can't help and think he is that speedy LW that can keep up with Barzal. I love Ross, but Barzal has to do it all on his line.

He has too much chemistry with Nelson to break that up. As they discussed on the broadcast today, anyone they put on the line with them immediately looks better. They do need a solution for Barzal's left wing, but Beau isn't it. Honestly, next to Barzal and Bailey, what they really need it a true sniper.

However, since they currently lack that sniper, think they should actually try Brassard. Trade for a 3rd line center. He has enough speed and skills to do well with a guy like Barzal.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->