anterior compartment syndrome???

j cal

Mar 27, 2010
With many hours of researching on the internet, I think I correctly diagnosed myself with anterior compartment syndrome.

My lower leg muscles hurt so bad half way through a session, I feel like getting up and leaving, but I skate through the pain.

I feel the same muscles tighten up when I walk with a quick pace.

Does anyone know of this or have experience with this??

Canuckommunist

May 2, 2011
Vancouver
Don't self-diagnose unless you're qualified, and even then this ain't House- seeing someone for a second opinion is a good idea. If you're concerned, see a real doctor (or in this case a licensed physiotherapist) and find out what's wrong with you for a certainty (if anything).

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Former Atheltic trainer certified.

Doctor. Pure and simple if you have compartment syndrome swelling in your leg is choking your muscles to death. There has to be a surgical release of the compartment or the muscles within the compartment will die. Unless you want to walk around like Dr. House. MD, now.

DomY

Aug 11, 2008
sounds to me like you just get shin splints, but yeah go to a doctor.

JLHockeyKnight

IMA Real American
Apr 19, 2006
North Central Jersey
Don't self-diagnose unless you're qualified, and even then this ain't House- seeing someone for a second opinion is a good idea. If you're concerned, see a real doctor (or in this case a licensed physiotherapist) and find out what's wrong with you for a certainty (if anything).

Yeah pretty much what I came to say.

Same thing as everyone else has said: Get to a doctor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad