Speculation: Answer these Panthers ?

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Help me answer these questions:

1) I haven't watched tonight's Habs game yet (every other week I work evening shift, game is taped though), but Panthers have lost 2 straight to NYR & MTL, yet still seem to outplay their opponent.
Sunday they had 96 attempted shots (SOG+missed shots+blocked shots), and last night they almost doubled MTL in SOG (43-25).

Why are they not scoring?

2) How do the Panthers start scoring (this year & next (and don't tell me this years to late, coach ;) )

3) Will the Panthers make the playoffs? :stanley:

I'll give my anwsers once I've watched the Habs game.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Yes damn it. they will get 19 points and make it.

I'm so tempted to put up my Bure Jersey as my stake on this. I'm not ready to pack it in. I want playoff hockey.

And the shots are somehow inflated, of the 43, I will say less than 20 were threatening and less than 10 were dazzling saves by tokarski.

Hayes has disappeared, Bjugstad is vanishing etc.

as great as the Barkov like is, I'm afraid it's time to break it up. we can't be a one line team. we just can't. Give Bjugstad Hubey and another, Barkov Jagr and Pirri.

and for crying out loud get Trocheck off the mother ****ing 4th line. And Hayes has to sit. Now.

Last edited by a moderator:

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
The Habs game wasn't as heartbreaking as the Rangers game because all Montreal goals were scored on awful defensive breakdowns (seriously a shorthanded 2 on 0) and it's pretty unrealistic to expect to score 4 goals against one of the best teams in the league.

Also a lot of Panther shots were right in Tokarski's chest, or as I call it, the Jack Skille special.

And obviously they need a pure scorer.

And the playoff hopes ended a while back. I'm starting to root for the Stars, help get in the top 10. I'm satisfied with this season. I think everyone is.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
The Habs game wasn't as heartbreaking as the Rangers game because all Montreal goals were scored on awful defensive breakdowns (seriously a shorthanded 2 on 0) and it's pretty unrealistic to expect to score 4 goals against one of the best teams in the league.

Also a lot of Panther shots were right in Tokarski's chest, or as I call it, the Jack Skille special.

And obviously they need a pure scorer.

And the playoff hopes ended a while back. I'm starting to root for the Stars, help get in the top 10. I'm satisfied with this season. I think everyone is.

Root for the Stars, Avs, Flyers, Devils, and Sharks. All those teams can realistically finish ahead of us which would leave us 7th. That's a 6.50% shot at McDavid.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
We are putting the puck on net, but a good amount of chances are with an unscreened goalie that is positioned correctly. We 've had some lucky saves against us, but we aren't making it difficult for the opposing goalie.

Hayes, when on the ice, is rarely screening the goalie anymore. Our powerplay, while has a stronger puck possession game to it is still easy to defend. Countless times I saw 3-4 guys standing still waiting for a pass. Can't get the puck to Bjugstad on the left wing when he isn't moving and there's a opposing player covering the passing lane.
Maybe if we played said teams in a 7 game series, we would have some luck where we could score more than 2 goals, but for the most part we still lack scorers. The scoring by committee has dried up. If it isn't Pirri, or the H-B-J line, there's no other source of offense.

Well, we need to hope that our young guys continue to bust their ***** in the offseason and improve in all facets. If they can improve their offensive game/confidence then that'll be a good step in fixing it for next year. Also, bringing in a better top 6 scorer would help. Sharp or Kessel in a trade would be nice.

Playoffs? Not counting on it, but, I still hope they can find a way.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Help me answer these questions:

1) I haven't watched tonight's Habs game yet (every other week I work evening shift, game is taped though), but Panthers have lost 2 straight to NYR & MTL, yet still seem to outplay their opponent.
Sunday they had 96 attempted shots (SOG+missed shots+blocked shots), and last night they almost doubled MTL in SOG (43-25).

Why are they not scoring?

2) How do the Panthers start scoring (this year & next (and don't tell me this years to late, coach ;) )

3) Will the Panthers make the playoffs? :stanley:

I'll give my anwsers once I've watched the Habs game.

1. We can't score because we lack speed, we lack shooters and we lack fire power on the blue-line (Ekblad, the kid, that's it) and our power play still very bad (puck movement is way too slow and players are way too predictable)

2. The scoring will not change this season. Tallon needs to wheel and deal in the off season to add the elements I stated above.

3. No, they will not. I think Boston is going to hold on to the spot, Ottawa will come up just short and we'll finish alone in 10th place. It's beginning to shape like that and barring another miracle run by Ottawa, it will stay that way. Florida doesn't have the personnel to win more than 3 in a row this season. They proved that all year long.

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
LOL at tanking comments.. probably the same people that wonder why there's no attendance. GTFO. We're playing meaningful hockey and after last season can we ask for any more really?

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
LOL at tanking comments.. probably the same people that wonder why there's no attendance. GTFO. We're playing meaningful hockey and after last season can we ask for any more really?

I don't see any tanking comments. :dunno:

panthersfan94

#CatsAreComing
Jan 23, 2014
Nashville, TN

We're not going to make the playoffs so it is logical to try to get the best draft/lottery position possible

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Well yeah it is because finishing 9th accomplishes absolutely nothing
It creates expectations and accountability for next season. Dropping several places down the order would pretty much mean losing most of the games left, which again would mean that the team fell flat on its face ála Leafs.

We're at a point where it's no longer a loss to finish higher up in the order. The cupboard is full of great prospects.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00