NFL: Anquan Boldin retires

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
one of my all time favorite WR's. it was awesome having him in a ravens uniform and even better that he won a SB there

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
He can still play a complimentary red zone threat/possession receiver role somewhere. Knowing his limitations due to age and decline, I imagine his market wasn't too great to begin with.

But realistically he has nothing left to prove either.

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
He can still play a complimentary red zone threat/possession receiver role somewhere. Knowing his limitations due to age and decline, I imagine his market wasn't too great to begin with.

Teams want their non starting WR to contribute on Special Teams, something that Bolden at this point in his career isn't going to do.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
No they don't. Maybe a #5 or 6 but Boldin is still a good player and no coach would make him play Special Teams.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Boldin has an extremely specific fit as a slot WR. The fit on the Bills made sense when they had Watkins, but with Matthews it doesn't make sense anymore.

I think the Bills have one more move to make at WR. Sammie Coates is on the roster bubble in Pittsburgh and would be someone worth looking at to play outside, or someone with a similar skillset to him.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Boldin has an extremely specific fit as a slot WR. The fit on the Bills made sense when they had Watkins, but with Matthews it doesn't make sense anymore.

I think the Bills have one more move to make at WR. Sammie Coates is on the roster bubble in Pittsburgh and would be someone worth looking at to play outside, or someone with a similar skillset to him.

He's ****** though. Is Justin Hunter taking Coates role? The big fast guy who can get open but is 50/50 on catching the ball? :laugh:

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
He's ****** though. Is Justin Hunter taking Coates role? The big fast guy who can get open but is 50/50 on catching the ball? :laugh:

DHB, Hunter, and Coates have that job covered. Probably only one making the team, though. Maybe two if they keep DHB for special teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad