GDT: Another Showcase Bob Game or Will Korpi Start? | Jackets vs Blues| 7:00 P.M.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
We’ll all be over for the next game. Please have the fridge loaded with beer. :D
I'll be in Vegas for the CBJ road trip starting on Tuesday so I'm afraid we'll have to try for the next HOME game instead ;)

(going to Arizona on Thurs and then back to Vegas for Saturday's duel)

Last edited:
Reactions: MoeBartoli

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
HD chances with Jets 13-5 in their favor. HD chances with Blues 13-4 in their favor.
20182019-20796-5v5.png

dl.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: EspenK and CPTN71

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
HD chances with Jets 13-5 in their favor. HD chances with Blues 13-4 in their favor. But we are so proud of our defence, right Viqsi?
20182019-20796-5v5.png

dl.php

Analytics arguments aside this shows a wonderful example of not getting tot he slot enough and not protecting our own well enough. Pretty easy summary of the team's real problems.

Reactions: 213 Sentinel

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Wennberg needs to be gone tomorrow. Just doesnt have the desire to be a good player.
Portzline made the comment "you'd think a player that's basically been in a two year slump would be all over the ice charging the net and forcing the play." He wonders if the concussions have made him timid and non-aggressive to the point where he just stays on the perimeter of play.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Portzline made the comment "you'd think a player that's basically been in a two year slump would be all over the ice charging the net and forcing the play." He wonders if the concussions have made him timid and non-aggressive to the point where he just stays on the perimeter of play.

Whether it's the concussions or not is debatable... what's not debatable is that he won't go to the danger areas and isn't a threat to shoot the puck.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
How do you rate Korpisalo in a game like this? Two soft goals but under fire most of the night and made some outstanding saves.
Maybe it looked different on the TV, but Korpi looked like at best an NHL back up goalie. So C- I guess.

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Whether it's the concussions or not is debatable... what's not debatable is that he won't go to the danger areas and isn't a threat to shoot the puck.
Porty went on to say, "he just looks listless" and compared him against Duclair who at times has also struggled to score, but is very noticeable and mixes it up when he's out there.

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
Really disappointed in the effort tonight. Day 1 season ticket holder, and this ranks in the top ten for inexcusable performances on home ice....seen some crappy hockey through the years, and that was garbage. Some tough decisions for Jarmo.....personally, I'd put Wenny on waivers and trade Bread...

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
It's times like these it's good to have a 2nd favourite team to follow.
CBJ are just plain playing bad. Couldn't believe when there was a 2 on 0 on Korpisalo 30 seconds into the game.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I'll be in Vegas for the CBJ road trip starting on Tuesday so I'm afraid we'll have to try for the next HOME game instead ;)

(going to Arizona on Thurs and then back to Vegas for Saturday's duel)

Going to be putting some big bux on the CBJ at the sports books?:laugh:

Reactions: CPTN71

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
just watched the game in 30 minutes, which is like the whole game in fast forward, admittedly not the best way to watch. but how can you guys possibly not resign Bob.? Korpisalo is just so weak looking. how can anyone playing in front of him have any confidence.

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Really disappointed in the effort tonight. Day 1 season ticket holder, and this ranks in the top ten for inexcusable performances on home ice....seen some crappy hockey through the years, and that was garbage. Some tough decisions for Jarmo.....personally, I'd put Wenny on waivers and trade Bread...

Either waive him and hope some foolish GM claims him, give him away in a trade (if they can) or buy him out at 1/3rd. Buying him out would give the club another $3.2 million per year to acquire a replacement. And I have faith that Jarmo can identify the next Riley Nash for about that price.

Didn't see the game as I was at a highly entertaining ECHL game last night. 3 fights, many more skirmishes and the good guys won 7-1. But it's mind boggling how Wennberg can get 21:03 TOI. ZERO shots on goal, of course. It's time to bring up kids from Cleveland and send Worthless Wennie down. He's an NHLer in name only anymore.

Last edited:

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
just watched the game in 30 minutes, which is like the whole game in fast forward, admittedly not the best way to watch. but how can you guys possibly not resign Bob.? Korpisalo is just so weak looking. how can anyone playing in front of him have any confidence.

Have you seen Bob play recently? Dats how.

Reactions: EspenK

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
not since before the break, but Korpisalo looks like hes afraid of handling the puck

In his defense, he hadn't played in two weeks. That being said, he's nothing special-that's for sure.

Bobrovsky came into the season with a sour attitude. Prior negotiations between his agent and the CBJ were very contentious. A shrewd GM would have recognized that the situation was unpalatable and gotten Bobrovsky to agree to waive his NTC and moved him somewhere. Bob started the season very poorly, played better for a brief stretch and then had the incident in Tampa when he showered after being pulled with 10 minutes left in the game. The team suspended him. The relationship was permanently broken after that, but GM Kekalainen did nothing. Since then, Bobrovsky is sporting a sickening .861 save percentage.

It's a mess. Bobrovsky is gone after this year. Koropisalo is probably not the answer, but for now he's the best option. Hopefully Elvis Merzlikins-a CBJ draft choice playing in Europe-will live up to his billings and be Bob's replacement. But, in any case, Bob's time is up in Columbus. Time to move him.

Last edited:
Reactions: We Want Ten

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad