Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I find this odd....

they send Grigorenko to juniors

they trade Brennan for a 5th with Florida

they activate Leino

something doesnt add up.....

There has to be something going on pretty soon.

First off Buffalo now has 22 on the roster (Kaleta and likely Scott sitting against Ottawa, Sulzer and Tropp or both likely on season ending IR)

Now Buffalo has only 6 Dmen on the roster unless they emergency recall a 7th Dman they have one spot open....

Could there be some sort of trade being lined up where Buffalo sends 2 players and 3 comeback (net gain of 1 player)???? One of those 3 bring a 7th Dman?

Did I make a mistake--miscounted???

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Pardy will probably be called up.

Thought crossed my mind....but....before he was called up on emergency call up thus exempted from having to clear waivers to go to the AHL.

Can they still call him up on an emergency recall with them having an open slot on the roster???

Someone like Pysak or McNabb can come up and then go back down easily without waivers.

If either of these moves were going to be made---why not just do them on Friday and annouce them when they announce the trade.

This is where the though of a trade made me wonder whats going on because they need to leave a slot open...

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Thought crossed my mind....but....before he was called up on emergency call up thus exempted from having to clear waivers to go to the AHL.

Can they still call him up on an emergency recall with them having an open slot on the roster???

Someone like Pysak or McNabb can come up and then go back down easily without waivers.

If either of these moves were going to be made---why not just do them on Friday and annouce them when they announce the trade.

This is where the though of a trade made me wonder whats going on because they need to leave a slot open...

I think we may see that soon enough. If Regier has written off our playoff hopes for this season (and let's hope he has, because no one wants a push for 10th-12th place), and with Rolston up in Buffalo, I think it would make a lot of sense that we'd get looks at guys like Pysyk/McNabb. Would help them to get their feet wet in the NHL and get an idea of how far off they are form being regular roster players.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
Mikhail being sent down had to do with not burning a year of ufa.

Trades like brennan don't usually mean another shoe is dropping. Darcy just finally got a call with an offer he like.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I find this odd....

they send Grigorenko to juniors

they trade Brennan for a 5th with Florida

they activate Leino

something doesnt add up.....

There has to be something going on pretty soon.

First off Buffalo now has 22 on the roster (Kaleta and likely Scott sitting against Ottawa, Sulzer and Tropp or both likely on season ending IR)

Now Buffalo has only 6 Dmen on the roster unless they emergency recall a 7th Dman they have one spot open....

Could there be some sort of trade being lined up where Buffalo sends 2 players and 3 comeback (net gain of 1 player)???? One of those 3 bring a 7th Dman?

Did I make a mistake--miscounted???

I found this odd too. It's just interesting that one "big" move needed to happen for Leino to come off IR and we ened up with 2 player moves creating an empty spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad